Command Line Question

  • Sandy Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2002
      Hi, I have a friend who is interested in NoteTab & wanted to know this & I
      wasn't sure (I love NoteTab Pro, but there is much about it I don't
      understand!! :) ), so I thought I'd ask here...

      Is there a command-line option (or better yet, ActiveX interface) which
      will load a given document and send the cursor to a specific offset (not
      row/column but absolute byte offset) in the file? Or even highlight a
      particular range in the file (by byte offset)?

      Thanks!!

      Sandy

      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2002
        Hi Sandy,

        NoteTab is not made for viewing/searching/editing hex documents.
        The following is the closest it comes and not what you are
        looking for. There is some Clip code that will do conversions.
        Maybe a programmer on the Clips list has figured something out.
        Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA

        FileName
        Opens specified file in the editor. File name can also include
        wildcards. If you want to specify several file names that contain
        spaces, enclose each name between double quotes, eg.
        NoteTab.exe "c:\program files\MyFile1.txt" "c:\program files\MyFile2.txt"

        /J=nnn
        Jumps to specified line number (nnn) when the editor is opened.
        This argument can be specified after every file name. If J=-1,
        the cursor will be placed at the beginning of the last line.

        >Is there a command-line option (or better yet, ActiveX interface)
        >which will load a given document and send the cursor to a
        >specific offset (not row/column but absolute byte offset) in the
        >file? Or even highlight a particular range in the file (by byte
        >offset)?

        Happy Clip'n!

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options