NoteTab Dictionaries and Update News (was Re: [NTB] Russian dictionary file)

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2002
      Hi Ned,

      I could not find a Russian dictionary at the Addictive Software
      site. It is their spell-checker that NoteTab uses, a third party
      product. For the benefit of the others I listed the two links to
      check for dictionaries. The latter links right from
      www.notetab.com in case you ever want to get there again.

      http://www.notetab.com/download.htm
      http://www.addictive.net/dicts.html

      Recent experience tends to lead to a user defined dictionary
      (UDT) running on XP and Win2000 lags quite a bit if used a second
      time to check any document if the UDT is over about 11KB. The
      *.udt file is where the words that you Add or add to Auto-correct
      are kept. It is not definite if that is the cause, but we do
      know that a new UDT does indeed stop the lag. My point is, I do
      not think you can make a dictionary of any language, at least on
      some XP and Win2K machines due to the lag in opening and closing
      if the time took longer to open and shut down as the file grew
      bigger.

      This does not have to do with a Russian dictionary, but here is a
      bit of an update. Eric will most likely upgrade to version 3 of
      the spell-checker once a certain bug is fix by Addictive. Eric
      said that they were working on the fix for it.

      Ned, I'll get with you in private eMail about making a Russian
      dictionary.