Russian dictionary file

  • nednilrev
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2002
      Hi,

      I am looking for a Russian dictionary that would allow me to
      spell-check Russian documents.
      I cannot find one on the NoteTab site.

      Does such a dictionary exist? If not, is it possible to make one
      yourself, other than by adding each separate word to by hand to a new
      user dictionary?

      Thanks in advance!

      Ned
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24, 2002
        Hi Ned,

        I could not find a Russian dictionary at the Addictive Software
        site. It is their spell-checker that NoteTab uses, a third party
        product. For the benefit of the others I listed the two links to
        check for dictionaries. The latter links right from
        www.notetab.com in case you ever want to get there again.

        http://www.notetab.com/download.htm
        http://www.addictive.net/dicts.html

        Recent experience tends to lead to a user defined dictionary
        (UDT) running on XP and Win2000 lags quite a bit if used a second
        time to check any document if the UDT is over about 11KB. The
        *.udt file is where the words that you Add or add to Auto-correct
        are kept. It is not definite if that is the cause, but we do
        know that a new UDT does indeed stop the lag. My point is, I do
        not think you can make a dictionary of any language, at least on
        some XP and Win2K machines due to the lag in opening and closing
        if the time took longer to open and shut down as the file grew
        bigger.

        This does not have to do with a Russian dictionary, but here is a
        bit of an update. Eric will most likely upgrade to version 3 of
        the spell-checker once a certain bug is fix by Addictive. Eric
        said that they were working on the fix for it.

        Ned, I'll get with you in private eMail about making a Russian
        dictionary.