Re: [NTB] NTPro: slow spellcheck close

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2002
      Hi Jody, Arex, and others,

      >There were at least three of us that was getting the lag
      >described below, one W2K and a couple XP Pro. Eric had me check
      >the size of the user defined dictionary (*.udt) thinking it could
      >be the cause since he could not reproduce it. His was 10 KB and
      >mine was 11.4 KB. I do not know if the size of it is what caused
      >my problem or a new entry.
      >
      >Anyway, the size difference did not seem much (1.4 KB), but I
      >renamed my Default.udt and made a new one. The lag problem that
      >was there both on finding the first word and when the Close
      >button is clicked on cleared right up.

      One solution that I haven't tested but that may work around this problem is
      to split your large .udt file into several smaller ones. The spell checker
      supports multiple user dictionaries.

      I do believe the issue no longer exists in the latest version of the spell
      checker. I haven't used that version in NoteTab yet due to issues with some
      foreign dictionaries. The developer of the spell checker is working on
      those issues...

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes