Spell Checker

  • doninbelize
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2002
      Hi Folks,
      I'm new to NoteTadPro and new to groups, so I hope I'm in the right
      place.
      How do I load a dictionary in NTP, and where can I find one?
      Thanks,
      Don
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2002
        Hi doninbelize,

        >I'm new to NoteTadPro and new to groups, so I hope I'm in the right
        >place.
        >How do I load a dictionary in NTP, and where can I find one?

        Here is a bit more than you asked for, but just in case... ;)

        You need to properly install dictionaries before you can use the
        Spell Checker and thesaurus. The following is how to install and
        use the American English dictionaries and thesaurus. Download and
        install the following installation program by clicking on
        "dicts.exe" after downloading it. All the dictionaries and the
        thesaurus go into NoteTab's Dictionaries folder.

        Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus (size 1,394
        KB; updated 8 May 2000) http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

        The following files should be installed to NoteTab's Dictionaries
        folder:

        English.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.dct)
        AmerAdd.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\AmerAdd.dct)
        English.thr (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.thr)

        The end result in the Spell Checker configuration (View | Spell
        Checker Options...) window should be the following. Make sure the
        boxes are checked.

        Base English v2.01
        American Add-on v2.01

        To use the Spell Checker simply load a document and press the
        Spell Check button. To use the thesaurus simply press F12 or
        click on Tools | Thesaurus.

        If you still have problems, close NoteTab and delete Spell.cfg
        found in its main folder. Start NoteTab and run the Spell
        Checker. When you are asked to configure the Spell Checker, do so
        at that time.

        Please press Help in the Spell Checker at any time it is open for
        more details and/or also press Options in the same dialog to set
        some options. You may also get to the same information from View
        | Spell Checker Options...

        Installing other dictionaries will be similar although they come
        in a compressed zip file. Additional dictionaries are located at
        our dictionaries page and do not have an installation program.

        http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm