Re: [NTB] Problem with Oracle SQL*PLUS and NoteTab lite 4.86C

  • William Beilstein
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2002
      My previous version was 4.85

      I got a copy of the 4.85 notetab.exe and replaced the 4.86c notetab.exe and copied it over windows\notepad.exe

      My problem has gone away. What ever happened, there definitely was a difference between the 4.85 and 4.86c versions. Thank you for your response.

      >>> egroups@... 04/08/02 04:21PM >>>
      What was the previous version you used prior to 4.86c? The method for
      handling multiple instances has been unchanged since quite a few updates.

      --Eric Fookes

      At 13:50 08/04/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      >That didn't change it's behavoir. When the editor is invoked, notetab
      >is not running. I also tried check the "Multiple Instances" and that
      >didn't make any difference either. Unfortunally I overwrote the
      >previous version with the new one. Is there any way to get the
      >previous version of Notetab lite?
      >
      >--- In notetab@y..., "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
      > > At 21:09 05/04/02 +0000, you wrote:
      > > >With the previous versions, when I invoked the editor in Sql*Plus
      > > >with the edit command, NOTETAB would be invoked and it would edit a
      > > >temporary file called afiedt.buf. While notetab was running the
      > > >SQL*Plus program would wait. When notetab was exited, sql*Plus
      >would
      > > >read in the afiedt.buf file and insert the contents into its
      >working
      > > >buffer (fairly standard stuff). What happens with the 8.46c version
      > > >is that sql*plus never waits and immediatly reads in the contents
      >of
      > > >afiedt.buf (which has not been changed). Any ideas why the behavoir
      > > >changed?
      > >
      > > Sql*Plus probably doesn't like the fact that there is already an
      >instance
      > > of NoteTab that is open. Either close that instance before invoking
      >NoteTab
      > > from your Sql*Plus program, or check the "View/Multiple Instances"
      >menu
      > > command.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes