un-Underline URL's

  • Snoghopper
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2002
      Hi, I hope this question hasn't already been asked, and I'm being a
      nuisance, I did a quick search, but couldn't find what I was looking
      for.

      In Note Tab pro, it automatically underlines links. This is all very
      well, but I find it more of a nuisance than anything else. I can't
      work out how to remove the automatic underlining! I've already looked
      through the help...

      Thanks :)

      snoghopper (snoghopper@...)
    • cscairns@iserv.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2002
        Hi Everyone, I've been off-and-on the NoteTab lists in the past, but
        it's been a while, so if this question has been asked before, please
        forgive.

        Problem: The NoteTab Pro spell checker closes quickly upon first use
        in any one session, but on subsequent spellchecks in same session, it
        takes maybe 5-10 seconds to close. I'm running NoteTab Pro on Win2K,
        pIII, 200+ megs ram, lots of free resources.

        Any ideas? Many thanks,

        --arex
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2002
          Hi Arex,

          >Hi Everyone, I've been off-and-on the NoteTab lists

          Thanks! :-)

          >Problem: The NoteTab Pro spell checker closes quickly upon first
          >use in any one session, but on subsequent spellchecks in same
          >session, it takes maybe 5-10 seconds to close. I'm running
          >NoteTab Pro on Win2K, pIII, 200+ megs ram, lots of free resources.

          I do not know why that should happen. For a long shot try
          closing NoteTab and deleting Spell.cfg found in its main folder.
          Start NoteTab and run the Spell Checker. When you are asked to
          configure the Spell Checker, do so at that time.

          Since the above probably won't help, I'd try reinstalling NoteTab
          and then if necessary, reinstall the dictionaries.

          The following is how to install and use the American English
          dictionaries and thesaurus. Download and install the following
          installation program by clicking on "dicts.exe" after downloading
          it. All the dictionaries and the thesaurus go into NoteTab's
          Dictionaries folder.

          Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus (size 1,394
          KB; updated 8 May 2000) http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

          The following files should be installed to NoteTab's Dictionaries
          folder:

          English.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.dct)
          AmerAdd.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\AmerAdd.dct)
          English.thr (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.thr)

          The end result in the Spell Checker configuration (View | Spell
          Checker Options...) window should be the following. Make sure the
          boxes are checked.

          Base English v2.01
          American Add-on v2.01

          Please press Help in the Spell Checker at any time it is open for
          more details and/or also press Options in the same dialog to set
          some options. You may also get to the same information from View
          | Spell Checker Options...

          Installing other dictionaries will be similar although they come
          in a compressed zip file. Additional dictionaries are located at
          our dictionaries page and do not have an installation program.

          http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

        • cscairns@iserv.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2002
            > For a long shot try
            > closing NoteTab and deleting Spell.cfg...

            [snip]

            > ... try reinstalling NoteTab and
            > then if necessary, reinstall the dictionaries.

            Thank you, Jody, I'll give either/both a try!

            --arex
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 16, 2002
              Hi Arex,

              I copied this over to the NoteTab NextRelease List if anybody
              needs to discuss it further. Please see my signature line to
              subscribe to it. TIA

              >Problem: The NoteTab Pro spell checker closes quickly upon first
              >use in any one session, but on subsequent spellchecks in same
              >session, it takes maybe 5-10 seconds to close. I'm running
              >NoteTab Pro on Win2K, pIII, 200+ megs ram, lots of free resources.

              I can now reproduce the problem. I notice that it also takes
              about 5-10 seconds to "kick in" when reusing the spell-checker.
              The first time used works fine as you mentioned. Hopefully, we
              will be going to version 3 of the Addict Spell-Checker soon. It
              would be great if Eric implemented it in v4.86d, but the last he
              told me there was still too many bugs in it to use. Perhaps
              they, the Addict's people, have fixed enough to use it now. FYI,
              the Addict Spell-Checker is a third party product that NoteTab
              uses for its spelling checker.

              Happy Test'n,
              Jody Adair

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 20, 2002
                Hi Arex and Others,

                If the following does or does not fix the problem for whoever
                might be experiencing it could you please post over on the NoteTab
                Next Release list for discussion. Please see my signature line to
                subscribe to it. TIA

                There were at least three of us that was getting the lag
                described below, one W2K and a couple XP Pro. Eric had me check
                the size of the user defined dictionary (*.udt) thinking it could
                be the cause since he could not reproduce it. His was 10 KB and
                mine was 11.4 KB. I do not know if the size of it is what caused
                my problem or a new entry.

                On a default installation of registered NoteTab versions the user
                defined dictionary is where the words are stored when you choose
                Add or Auto-correct in the Spell-checker and installed at:

                C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\Default.udt
                or
                C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Dictionaries\Default.udt

                Anyway, the size difference did not seem much (1.4 KB), but I
                renamed my Default.udt and made a new one. The lag problem that
                was there both on finding the first word and when the Close
                button is clicked on cleared right up.

                You can make a new UDT file simply by creating an empty file and
                give it the ".udt" extension saving it to the Dictionaries folder
                (so you can find it easy;). It can be done right inside NoteTab
                simply by pressing the New File icon, Ctrl+N, etc. You configure
                it for use from the View menu, Spell-checker Options... in the
                lower half of the dialog. If your Add button goes dead on you
                for whatever reasons, shut down NoteTab and delete your Spell.cfg
                found in NoteTab's main folder. Run NoteTab and then do a spell-
                check on some know bad words. Do what it says at that time. ;)

                >> Problem: The NoteTab Pro spell checker closes quickly upon
                >> first use in any one session, but on subsequent spellchecks in
                >> same session, it takes maybe 5-10 seconds to close. I'm
                >> running NoteTab Pro on Win2K, pIII, 200+ megs ram, lots of
                >> free resources.

                >> For a long shot try closing NoteTab and deleting Spell.cfg...

                Happy Test'n,
                Jody Adair

                Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              • Eric G.V. Fookes
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 22, 2002
                  Hi Jody, Arex, and others,

                  >There were at least three of us that was getting the lag
                  >described below, one W2K and a couple XP Pro. Eric had me check
                  >the size of the user defined dictionary (*.udt) thinking it could
                  >be the cause since he could not reproduce it. His was 10 KB and
                  >mine was 11.4 KB. I do not know if the size of it is what caused
                  >my problem or a new entry.
                  >
                  >Anyway, the size difference did not seem much (1.4 KB), but I
                  >renamed my Default.udt and made a new one. The lag problem that
                  >was there both on finding the first word and when the Close
                  >button is clicked on cleared right up.

                  One solution that I haven't tested but that may work around this problem is
                  to split your large .udt file into several smaller ones. The spell checker
                  supports multiple user dictionaries.

                  I do believe the issue no longer exists in the latest version of the spell
                  checker. I haven't used that version in NoteTab yet due to issues with some
                  foreign dictionaries. The developer of the spell checker is working on
                  those issues...

                  Regards,
                  Eric G.V. Fookes