Re: [NTB] Problem with Oracle SQL*PLUS and NoteTab lite 4.86C

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2002
      At 21:09 05/04/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >With the previous versions, when I invoked the editor in Sql*Plus
      >with the edit command, NOTETAB would be invoked and it would edit a
      >temporary file called afiedt.buf. While notetab was running the
      >SQL*Plus program would wait. When notetab was exited, sql*Plus would
      >read in the afiedt.buf file and insert the contents into its working
      >buffer (fairly standard stuff). What happens with the 8.46c version
      >is that sql*plus never waits and immediatly reads in the contents of
      >afiedt.buf (which has not been changed). Any ideas why the behavoir
      >changed?

      Sql*Plus probably doesn't like the fact that there is already an instance
      of NoteTab that is open. Either close that instance before invoking NoteTab
      from your Sql*Plus program, or check the "View/Multiple Instances" menu
      command.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes

    • BeilstWH
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2002
        That didn't change it's behavoir. When the editor is invoked, notetab
        is not running. I also tried check the "Multiple Instances" and that
        didn't make any difference either. Unfortunally I overwrote the
        previous version with the new one. Is there any way to get the
        previous version of Notetab lite?

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 8, 2002
          Hi BeilstWH,

          You might try searching for NoteTab Light on the web and find a
          site that has not updated for awhile. There are normally a few
          of them out there. (Perhaps somebody will send an older copy to
          you via private eMail or upload it for you to download.)

          You can register and buy a CD if you would like and I could send
          an older version on a CD-ROM with all the other programs and
          files on the latest. (I can sell you just a CD with the software
          on it and put the version of Light you want on it also.) See
          http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-orders.htm I also have some older
          registered versions on CD and some older registered versions with
          small flaws in them that I will give $5.00 the cost of the CD if
          you order through snail mail with a check drawn on US funds or an International money order.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 8, 2002
            What was the previous version you used prior to 4.86c? The method for
            handling multiple instances has been unchanged since quite a few updates.

            --Eric Fookes

            At 13:50 08/04/2002 +0000, you wrote:
            >That didn't change it's behavoir. When the editor is invoked, notetab
            >is not running. I also tried check the "Multiple Instances" and that
            >didn't make any difference either. Unfortunally I overwrote the
            >previous version with the new one. Is there any way to get the
            >previous version of Notetab lite?
            >
            >--- In notetab@y..., "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
            > > At 21:09 05/04/02 +0000, you wrote:
            > > >With the previous versions, when I invoked the editor in Sql*Plus
            > > >with the edit command, NOTETAB would be invoked and it would edit a
            > > >temporary file called afiedt.buf. While notetab was running the
            > > >SQL*Plus program would wait. When notetab was exited, sql*Plus
            >would
            > > >read in the afiedt.buf file and insert the contents into its
            >working
            > > >buffer (fairly standard stuff). What happens with the 8.46c version
            > > >is that sql*plus never waits and immediatly reads in the contents
            >of
            > > >afiedt.buf (which has not been changed). Any ideas why the behavoir
            > > >changed?
            > >
            > > Sql*Plus probably doesn't like the fact that there is already an
            >instance
            > > of NoteTab that is open. Either close that instance before invoking
            >NoteTab
            > > from your Sql*Plus program, or check the "View/Multiple Instances"
            >menu
            > > command.

            Regards,
            Eric G.V. Fookes

          • William Beilstein
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9, 2002
              My previous version was 4.85

              I got a copy of the 4.85 notetab.exe and replaced the 4.86c notetab.exe and copied it over windows\notepad.exe

              My problem has gone away. What ever happened, there definitely was a difference between the 4.85 and 4.86c versions. Thank you for your response.

              >>> egroups@... 04/08/02 04:21PM >>>
              What was the previous version you used prior to 4.86c? The method for
              handling multiple instances has been unchanged since quite a few updates.

              --Eric Fookes

              At 13:50 08/04/2002 +0000, you wrote:
              >That didn't change it's behavoir. When the editor is invoked, notetab
              >is not running. I also tried check the "Multiple Instances" and that
              >didn't make any difference either. Unfortunally I overwrote the
              >previous version with the new one. Is there any way to get the
              >previous version of Notetab lite?
              >
              >--- In notetab@y..., "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
              > > At 21:09 05/04/02 +0000, you wrote:
              > > >With the previous versions, when I invoked the editor in Sql*Plus
              > > >with the edit command, NOTETAB would be invoked and it would edit a
              > > >temporary file called afiedt.buf. While notetab was running the
              > > >SQL*Plus program would wait. When notetab was exited, sql*Plus
              >would
              > > >read in the afiedt.buf file and insert the contents into its
              >working
              > > >buffer (fairly standard stuff). What happens with the 8.46c version
              > > >is that sql*plus never waits and immediatly reads in the contents
              >of
              > > >afiedt.buf (which has not been changed). Any ideas why the behavoir
              > > >changed?
              > >
              > > Sql*Plus probably doesn't like the fact that there is already an
              >instance
              > > of NoteTab that is open. Either close that instance before invoking
              >NoteTab
              > > from your Sql*Plus program, or check the "View/Multiple Instances"
              >menu
              > > command.

              Regards,
              Eric G.V. Fookes