Re: [NTB] NoteTab and Win2000, Weird Behavior

  • Virgil Arrington Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
      From Eric,

      >NoteTab Light uses the Windows rich-edit control, so failure to accept the
      >paste is probably due to this control rather than NoteTab. Have you tried
      >doing this with the trial version of NoteTab Pro?

      Thanks for the quick response.

      I just downloaded the Pro Trial version and it did not behave the same way.
      In other words, my clip worked fine in Pro and properly pasted the "{\rtf"
      string.

      I checked my Windows System32 folder and found the following Rich Edit
      Control dll's

      Riched20.dll
      Rich Text Edit Control, v3.0
      File Version 5.30.23.1205

      and

      Riched32.dll
      Wrapper Dll for Richedit 1.0
      File Version 5.0.2134.1

      I also found a workaround for Light. I just insert the string "\rtf", which
      Light will allow me to do, then do a CTRL+Home and insert the "{" character.
      It works, albeit slightly less elegantly.

      Thanks again for your help.

      Virgil