Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [NTB] Intro

Expand Messages
  • Hirschman
    Thanks - did it! Pat ... From: Jody To: Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 1:03 PM Subject: Re: [NTB] Intro ...
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2 5:12 PM
    • 0 Attachment
      Thanks - did it!
      Pat

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Jody" <av1611@...>
      To: <notetab@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 1:03 PM
      Subject: Re: [NTB] Intro


      > Hi Pat,
      >
      > Welcome to the NoteTab Basic list. If you sign up for the
      > NoteTab and HTML list you might find some shortcuts people use on
      > that list. Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. The
      > Clips list would also be helpful for you. I think most people
      > (advanced, perhaps, but not limited to) use Libraries and Clips
      > so they can customize their output the way they want. Templates
      > are also used by some. Then others just go with the NoteTab
      > "issue" of Clipbars and Libraries. (Please click on Help |
      > NoteTab Glossary for terms you/others might not be familiar
      > with.)
      >
      > http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm
      >
      > >Hi - I'm a "newbie" of sorts - I've worked with stat scripts and
      > >just finished redoing our website completely - so know my way
      > >around - but am looking for some easy short cuts and things with
      > >html......... I live in the midwestern US. We ranch and are in
      > >the "wildlife outfitter" business...
      > >Thanks for having me!
      >
      > Thanks for the warning! ha-ha, ;)
      >
      > Happy HTML'n!
      > Jody
      >
      > http://www.notetab.net
      >
      > Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      > mailto:ntb-html-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > mailto:ntb-html-UnSubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-html
      >
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > ADVERTISEMENT
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:
      > mailto:notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/list/notetab
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >
      >


      ---
      Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
      Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
      Version: 6.0.343 / Virus Database: 190 - Release Date: 3/22/2002
    • Graham Briggs
      Hi, I ve been using NoteTab light for a while, and have managed to get my boss to consider purchasin it for our PC Support team, the only question is, is it
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 21, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi, I've been using NoteTab light for a while, and
        have managed to get my boss to consider purchasin it
        for our PC Support team, the only question is, is it
        still under active development? Seems like a long time
        since 4.95.

        If anyone knows, can you post? Thanks

        Graham

        =====
        --
        "jump in my skull; lay back, enjoy the show"


        www.brightblack.net



        __________________________________
        Do you Yahoo!?
        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        ... Hi Graham, There is active development of a version five, however, it has been in development for about a year and a half. To my knowledge there is not
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 21, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          Graham Briggs wrote:
          > Hi, I've been using NoteTab light for a while, and
          > have managed to get my boss to consider purchasin it
          > for our PC Support team, the only question is, is it
          > still under active development? Seems like a long time
          > since 4.95.
          >
          > If anyone knows, can you post? Thanks
          >
          > Graham
          >
          > =====
          Hi Graham,

          There is "active" development of a version five, however, it has been in
          development for about a year and a half. To my knowledge there is not
          real time frame for it to be completed. I know the author has been
          coding hard on some other software that he has going, so I think this
          really isn't likely out anytime soon. When it finally does come out, It
          will have some significant improvements, but it will also likely be more
          complex. I strongly suspect I will try to keep a copy of 4.95 at the
          same time as I run version 5.

          I can say that any major bug in NoteTab has always been promptly fixed
          by the author. When I first got the program, there were regular
          releases of updates and things because a major upgrade caused a few bugs
          here and there to develop. However, I think it has arrived at a point
          where it is very stable, has very few significant bugs, and is well
          worth the price. They have said on several occaisions that people who
          buy 4.95 will get a discount on version five when it is released. I
          don't think you would be making a mistake to purchase it. I consider
          the license to almost be a donation. I save enough in time weekly with
          this program to pay for it every week or two.

          The biggest thing lacking it seems to me in the current version is
          syntax highlighting for languages other than HTML. The new version --
          that will arrive at some far distant date -- is supposed to fix that
          with custom syntax highlighting. It will also likely include improved
          Reg Edit abilities. I think that they are losing sales to TextEdit and
          some others because of some of these issues. However, if you get to
          know them up close and personal, NoteTab is the bomb -- as they say. It
          is so powerful.

          You will like a lot of things in the paid version. Spring for it. Line
          numbering and multiple levels of undo are two of my favorite features in
          pro. You can see all the features (and a few that are better in other
          versions) here: http://notetab.com/chart.php

          For $19.95 for a single license, the existing product is a huge bargain
          if you use it even a little. For what it is worth, buy your license
          through Jody and he gets a little cut of the action for all the work he
          does around here too and he usually tosses in a few extra files that are
          helpful.
        • Jody
          Hi Graham, ... Yes, it is, although we have not been able to get back to upgrading it as soon as we had hoped for. Be assured that it is not abandoned though.
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 21, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Graham,

            >Hi, I've been using NoteTab light for a while, and have managed
            >to get my boss to consider purchasing it for our PC Support team,
            >the only question is, is it still under active development? Seems
            >like a long time since 4.95.

            Yes, it is, although we have not been able to get back to
            upgrading it as soon as we had hoped for. Be assured that it is
            not abandoned though.

            Happy Tab'n,
            Jody Adair

            NoteTabbers Assistant Page Sojourners Software
            http://www.notetab.net http://www.sojourner.us/software
            http://www.fookes.us http://www.clean-funnies.com
          • John Morse
            I ve never regreted purchasing my copy! Awesome software, and I can t wait for the Custom Syntax highlighting, that is the main thing that is really needed.
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 21, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              I've never regreted purchasing my copy! Awesome software, and I can't
              wait for the Custom Syntax highlighting, that is the main thing that
              is really needed.

              Friday, January 21, 2005, 9:55:08 AM, you wrote:
              Don> For $19.95 for a single license, the existing product is a huge bargain
              Don> if you use it even a little.
            • rosie81286
              ... Line ... features in ... Graham, My version of notetabe pro 4.95 does not have multiple undos or at least it doesn t work. any idea why or if there is a
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 10, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
                wrote:

                > Graham Briggs wrote:
                > You will like a lot of things in the paid version. Spring for it.
                Line
                > numbering and multiple levels of undo are two of my favorite
                features in
                > pro. You can see all the features (and a few that are better in


                Graham,
                My version of notetabe pro 4.95 does not have multiple undos or at
                least it doesn't work.
                any idea why or if there is a setting somewhere that turns it on/off?

                thanks
                rosie
              • Don - htmlfixit.com
                ... If you have NoteTab Pro (the paid version) multiple undo are automatic. If you paid, I suspect you somehow didn t get installed correctly. I love multiple
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 10, 2005
                • 0 Attachment
                  rosie81286 wrote:
                  >
                  > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  >>Graham Briggs wrote:
                  >>You will like a lot of things in the paid version. Spring for it.
                  >
                  > Line
                  >
                  >>numbering and multiple levels of undo are two of my favorite
                  >
                  > features in
                  >
                  >>pro. You can see all the features (and a few that are better in
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Graham,
                  > My version of notetabe pro 4.95 does not have multiple undos or at
                  > least it doesn't work.
                  > any idea why or if there is a setting somewhere that turns it on/off?
                  If you have NoteTab Pro (the paid version) multiple undo are automatic.
                  If you paid, I suspect you somehow didn't get installed correctly. I
                  love multiple undo's I might add. I would buy it for this reason
                  alone. You should have them also if you have the test version running I
                  think.
                • rosie81286
                  ... automatic. ... correctly. I ... running I ... i have the paid version. i have just emailed jody too. seems nobody in the gorup has this same issue (i
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 10, 2005
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
                    wrote:
                    > If you have NoteTab Pro (the paid version) multiple undo are
                    automatic.
                    > If you paid, I suspect you somehow didn't get installed
                    correctly. I
                    > love multiple undo's I might add. I would buy it for this reason
                    > alone. You should have them also if you have the test version
                    running I
                    > think.

                    i have the paid version. i have just emailed jody too.
                    seems nobody in the gorup has this same issue (i searched the
                    archive).

                    i believe notetab was intslled properly but awhile back some wierd
                    thing was happening in the ini file so who knows.

                    i've actually never had the multpile undo - redo function working.
                  • David R. Hanson
                    Hi Jody, Any updates? I ve been very happy with NP pro for years, but no updates in 2+ years isn t a good sign... It would also be nice if someone involved
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 29, 2005
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Hi Jody,

                      Any updates? I've been very happy with NP pro for years, but no
                      updates in 2+ years isn't a good sign...

                      It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
                      board, rather than a simple yahoo group.

                      Thanks, Dave

                      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
                      > Hi Graham,
                      >
                      > >Hi, I've been using NoteTab light for a while, and have managed
                      > >to get my boss to consider purchasing it for our PC Support team,
                      > >the only question is, is it still under active development? Seems
                      > >like a long time since 4.95.
                      >
                      > Yes, it is, although we have not been able to get back to
                      > upgrading it as soon as we had hoped for. Be assured that it is
                      > not abandoned though.
                      >
                      > Happy Tab'n,
                      > Jody Adair
                      >
                      > NoteTabbers Assistant Page Sojourners Software
                      > http://www.notetab.net http://www.sojourner.us/software
                      > http://www.fookes.us http://www.clean-funnies.com
                    • John Mitchell
                      Amen! Regards, John M
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 29, 2005
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Amen!

                        Regards, John M

                        David R. Hanson wrote:

                        > snip..
                        >
                        > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
                        > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.
                        >
                        > Thanks, Dave
                        >
                        > ..snip
                      • Greg Chapman
                        Hi Jody, ... No NEVER! NoteTab is a text editor. YahooGroup mail lists allow me to receive everything in plain text too! Entirely appropriate! Message
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 30, 2005
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Hi Jody,

                          > Amen!
                          >
                          > Regards, John M
                          >
                          > David R. Hanson wrote:
                          >
                          > > snip..
                          > >
                          > > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
                          > > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.

                          No NEVER! NoteTab is a text editor. YahooGroup mail lists allow me to
                          receive everything in plain text too! Entirely appropriate!

                          Message Boards on web sites tend to become full of hideous graphical
                          clutter, are unusable if you are connecting via a mobile phone at 9.6kbps,
                          rather than the luxury of broadband, which I don't have even when connected
                          via land line.

                          YahooGroup mail lists, especially when set up like this one (attachments
                          banned - so I don't get all that HTML garbage) and with my personal setting
                          of "Do not convert to HTML" (so I'm not even forced to get graphical adverts
                          added back onto the plain text messages the list naturally provides) are
                          ideal. The prospect of a Web-based message board appals! For those that
                          like web-based message boards surely there's the web interface at
                          YahooGroups to do the job?

                          I've set replies to go to the Off-topic list, but I fancy YahooGroups strips
                          that instruction out - but please reply to the off-topic list anyway! (I'm
                          sure Jody would appreciate it!)

                          Greg
                        • prog@lomascentral.com
                          I really hope this doesn t happen! This group is convenient it delivers the messages to my inbox, I can delete the ones I m not interested in bulk and see at a
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 30, 2005
                          • 0 Attachment
                            I really hope this doesn't happen!

                            This group is convenient it delivers the messages to my inbox, I can
                            delete the ones I'm not interested in bulk and see at a glance what's there.

                            If it moves to a web based message board I have to go to the trouble of
                            loading the page, finding things in the different sections, trying to
                            figure out if there;s anything I'm interested in ....

                            These messages I scan daily, web based boards I'd probably not get round
                            to looking at, they're a pain, inefficient (as far as my time is
                            concerned) and get on my nerves.

                            They also have a habit of being poorly designed and inefficient to use
                            if I do make the effort of looking. They're designed (by the look of it,
                            probably not all but most of the ones I've seen) by those who are more
                            interested in look and feel than ease of use..

                            As you may have figured out by this stage, I don;t like them :-)

                            Tim

                            David R. Hanson wrote:
                            > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
                            > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.
                          • Lee Underwood
                            Tim, I agree. I have inadvertently learn a great deal about NoteTab and clips by way of this list. A message board just doesn t give the options as you
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 30, 2005
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Tim,

                              I agree. I have inadvertently learn a great deal about NoteTab and clips by
                              way of this list. A message board just doesn't give the options as you
                              described them. Sometimes simple things work much better.

                              Lee


                              On 8/30/05 03:51 PM, prog@... wrote:
                              ........................................................
                              >I really hope this doesn't happen!
                              >
                              >This group is convenient it delivers the messages to my inbox, I can
                              >delete the ones I'm not interested in bulk and see at a glance what's there.
                              >
                              >If it moves to a web based message board I have to go to the trouble of
                              >loading the page, finding things in the different sections, trying to
                              >figure out if there;s anything I'm interested in ....
                              >
                              >These messages I scan daily, web based boards I'd probably not get round
                              >to looking at, they're a pain, inefficient (as far as my time is
                              >concerned) and get on my nerves.
                              >
                              >They also have a habit of being poorly designed and inefficient to use
                              >if I do make the effort of looking. They're designed (by the look of it,
                              >probably not all but most of the ones I've seen) by those who are more
                              >interested in look and feel than ease of use..
                              >
                              >As you may have figured out by this stage, I don;t like them :-)
                              >
                              >Tim
                              >
                              >David R. Hanson wrote:
                              > > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
                              > > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.
                              >......................................................
                            • David R. Hanson
                              Hi Greg, I don t know what message boards you ve frequented in the past, but they must have been poorly run. The worries you share (bloated graphics, ads,
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 31, 2005
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Hi Greg,

                                I don't know what message boards you've frequented in the past, but
                                they must have been poorly run. The worries you share (bloated
                                graphics, ads, etc.) are easily surmountable.

                                As it stands, there is no efficient way to see what different topics
                                have been posted, or to follow a thread, or to send private messages,
                                or to cooperatively build FAQs, or do see if other questions have been
                                asked and answered. A respectable discussion board would do all of
                                this and more. Indeed, if you don't like ads and bloat, you should
                                FAVOR such a change, since currently, we have to put up with whatever
                                overhead and bloat that yahoo wants to send our way.

                                (Alas, none of the replies on this subject have been transferred to
                                OT...in any case, it doesn't seem OT to me?)


                                Any other updates on development timetables? I love this product, and
                                would gladly spread the word and push for its adoption by others if
                                it was clear it was still actively pursued by its able authors...


                                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Chapman" <greg@e...> wrote:
                                > Hi Jody,
                                >
                                > > Amen!
                                > >
                                > > Regards, John M
                                > >
                                > > David R. Hanson wrote:
                                > >
                                > > > snip..
                                > > >
                                > > > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real
                                message
                                > > > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.
                                >
                                > No NEVER! NoteTab is a text editor. YahooGroup mail lists allow me to
                                > receive everything in plain text too! Entirely appropriate!
                                >
                                > Message Boards on web sites tend to become full of hideous graphical
                                > clutter, are unusable if you are connecting via a mobile phone at
                                9.6kbps,
                                > rather than the luxury of broadband, which I don't have even when
                                connected
                                > via land line.
                                >
                                > YahooGroup mail lists, especially when set up like this one (attachments
                                > banned - so I don't get all that HTML garbage) and with my personal
                                setting
                                > of "Do not convert to HTML" (so I'm not even forced to get graphical
                                adverts
                                > added back onto the plain text messages the list naturally provides) are
                                > ideal. The prospect of a Web-based message board appals! For those
                                that
                                > like web-based message boards surely there's the web interface at
                                > YahooGroups to do the job?
                                >
                                > I've set replies to go to the Off-topic list, but I fancy
                                YahooGroups strips
                                > that instruction out - but please reply to the off-topic list
                                anyway! (I'm
                                > sure Jody would appreciate it!)
                                >
                                > Greg
                              • Greg Chapman
                                Hi Dave, ... Well, it s not basic use of NoteTab so I ve replied on the off-topic list! Greg
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 1, 2005
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  Hi Dave,

                                  > (Alas, none of the replies on this subject have been transferred to
                                  > OT...in any case, it doesn't seem OT to me?)

                                  Well, it's not "basic use of NoteTab" so I've replied on the off-topic list!

                                  Greg
                                • Jody
                                  Hi David, Greg, John, and anybody else reading... The forum vs yahoogroups topic needs to go to the off topic list after this which I copied this reply. (Oh, I
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 15, 2005
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    Hi David, Greg, John, and anybody else reading...

                                    The forum vs yahoogroups topic needs to go to the off topic list
                                    after this which I copied this reply. (Oh, I see you did bring it
                                    over there after all. I'm still cleaning out many hundreds of
                                    messages in my inbox (private, not support) from my 3 week
                                    vacation.)

                                    >Any updates? I've been very happy with NP pro for years, but no
                                    >updates in 2+ years isn't a good sign...

                                    It isn't a bad sign either; the answer is still the same as
                                    below. I can assure you that someday we will indeed upgrade
                                    NoteTab. It was still voted People's Choice again at the SIC
                                    awards convention for shareware for some 7-8 years now only
                                    missing one year in a row. Fookes Software is Eric Fookes and
                                    myself. Eric does what he needs to do for the company, his
                                    livelihood, family time, etc. Unfortunately, only so much can be
                                    done, but we will eventually get to NoteTab.

                                    >It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real
                                    >message board, rather than a simple yahoo group.

                                    I don't mean to sound to cold and rude below, but want to make my
                                    point/stance on the issue perfectly clear! :-)

                                    Sorry, but that is out of the question - it will not happen.
                                    Yahoogroups has served us well, has enough features, etc. Sure,
                                    it could be better, more sophisticated and so on, but the way it
                                    is has served us well for many years. Most forums do not have
                                    eMail delivery either, are much slower to use for me anyway, and
                                    until discussion mailing list are phased out (if ever), a forum
                                    would be the very last thing I would resort to. I would probably
                                    spend a few thousand $$$ on my own mail server and account, etc.
                                    before using a forum for the lists.

                                    >>> Hi, I've been using NoteTab light for a while, and have
                                    >>> managed to get my boss to consider purchasing it for our PC
                                    >>> Support team, the only question is, is it still under active
                                    >>> development? Seems like a long time since 4.95.
                                    >>
                                    >> Yes, it is, although we have not been able to get back to
                                    >> upgrading it as soon as we had hoped for. Be assured that it is
                                    >> not abandoned though.


                                    Happy Tab'n,
                                    Jody Adair

                                    NoteTabbers Assistant Page: http://www.notetab.net
                                    NoteTab FAQ: http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb
                                    Sojourners Software: http://www.sojourner.us/software
                                    Convert to another mail program: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
                                    Clean-Funnies dot com: http://www.clean-funnies.com
                                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.