Re: [NTB] <> Two questions on editing OTL files.

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      Gail asked:

      >1. What's the name of the window to the left of the main edit
      > window that shows the outline headings?

      The NoteTab help file says, "An Outline document is composed of two
      parts: the Headings list (or table of contents) on the left and the
      Contents editor window on the right. When you select a heading, its
      content is displayed in the editor window." But in other places the
      help calls it "Outline-headings list" or "Headings window". There
      is not perfect consistency, but what matters is that the meaning is
      clear.

      Here is how I use the outline terminology:

      The outline is the whole document. The individual sections of an
      outline are called topics. The name of a topic is its heading. If
      you select a heading from the headings list, the corresponding topic
      will show in the editor window.

      >2. What's the keyboard shortcut to switch focus back and forth
      > between the "headings" window and the main window?

      Shift+F6 switches between the editor window and the headings list.

      You may also be interested in using Ctrl+Alt+Up or Ctrl+Alt+Down to
      move between outline topics. The focus stays in document window.

      Also, are you ever frustrated with the cursor jumping to the top of
      the editor window when you move between ouline topics? If so you
      may be interested in a clip I recently sent to the NoteTab-clips
      YahooGroup.