Re: [NTB] Yahoo Marketing

  • Mellany Saindon
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30, 2002
      Can someone give me a hand with something, how do you make your website come
      up as a top 4 or 5 on a search result...(my apologies for the ignorance).
      Mellany

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 31, 2002
        Brian Mailman wrote:

        > Charles wrote:

        (snip)

        Sorry... wrong message. I was doing a mass approval for a list I have
        here and hit the Reply on this one accidentally--it was right smack in
        the middle of a bunch of submissions.

        B/
      • April Furst
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
          Mellany Saindon asked:

          >Can someone give me a hand with something, how do you make your website come
          >up as a top 4 or 5 on a search result...(my apologies for the ignorance).
          >Mellany

          1. Get many other good sites to link to yours.

          2. Pay the search engine companies. "Payment for Placement".

          3. Be the only page with the nonsense word, "thiswilmakemefurst". You'll
          be near the top if anyone ever searches for it.

          4. Prayer. (But it works less than half the time.)

          5. Eliminate the competition.

          6. Hack into the search engine computers and modify their software so it
          always lists your site first, no matter what is searched for.

          7. You can also try putting this inside your web page's HEAD section:
          <META NAME="SearchResultPostition" CONTENT="1">

          Good luck with your site.

          April Furst
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2002
            Hi Mellany,

            >Can someone give me a hand with something, how do you make your
            >website come up as a top 4 or 5 on a search result...(my
            >apologies for the ignorance).

            You might get better tips on the NoteTab and HTML List, although
            what you want to accomplish is pretty difficult unless there is
            not a lot of competition. Please see my signature line to
            subscribe to it. TIA

            Subscribe to NoteTab discussion mailing lists:

            Happy HTML'n!

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options