Re: [NTB] keyboard macros

  • stephen riddle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2002
      Hi Jens,
      (The only naive or embarassing question is the one not asked.)

      The clip language is not exactly like keyboard macros.
      (A discussion of the syntax of the clip language needs to go to the clips
      list, but I think the following paragraph is suitable for here.)
      In the clip language, you can specify a Macro sequence.
      The clip has a name, any name you want, for instance your clip to print this
      particular documen could be called "print document" or it could be called
      "xyz", however when the clip library is active that contains that clip,
      and you pres the ESCAPE key, you get a windowette (I can't remember the
      technical term for the little tiny window that appears.)
      You type in the name of the clip (auto completion works here),
      Press return,
      and your instructions happen.

      The big differences in this and the traditional macro language is that the
      macro language is restricted to keyboard strokes (clip language is not), and
      you have to type the instructions into the clip library, which is an extra
      step. However, your "Record Macro" request is a very good one, and Eric
      monitors this list, and who knows, version five may have it.
      Take care,
      Stephen