Re: [NTB] browser problems

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2002
      Hi Chrstina and Eric,

      I am getting a fair amount of posts like the one below. It
      basically happens to me as well. If Custom Launch is used, it
      will bypass (work correctly) the wrong behavior. They all state
      they did not have the problem in earlier versions. I notice in
      Netscape, at least in Album Express that not page is loaded when
      Preview Album is checked. I can switch by to AE and Preview the
      same a second time and the album start page loads correctly. IE
      tends to load a blank page and the focused page in NoteTab - two
      tabs in NetCaptor.

      >I have Notetab Pro 4.86c/np and can't use it to view my html in
      >Netscape. With IE I have to click twice - once to get my IE home
      >page and again to look at the html page I want. With Netscape it
      >only shows the home page. It didn't do this with previous versions.
      >Does anyone know the answer to this? Many thanks in advance -
      >Christina

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20, 2002
        Hi Jody and Christina,

        >I am getting a fair amount of posts like the one below. It
        >basically happens to me as well. If Custom Launch is used, it
        >will bypass (work correctly) the wrong behavior. They all state
        >they did not have the problem in earlier versions. I notice in
        >Netscape, at least in Album Express that not page is loaded when
        >Preview Album is checked. I can switch by to AE and Preview the
        >same a second time and the album start page loads correctly. IE
        >tends to load a blank page and the focused page in NoteTab - two
        >tabs in NetCaptor.
        >
        > >I have Notetab Pro 4.86c/np and can't use it to view my html in
        > >Netscape. With IE I have to click twice - once to get my IE home
        > >page and again to look at the html page I want. With Netscape it
        > >only shows the home page. It didn't do this with previous versions.
        > >Does anyone know the answer to this? Many thanks in advance -
        > >Christina

        I'm aware of the problem but have no idea what is causing it. I suspect it
        has to do with the way a browser is configured. I use the preview feature
        all the time under both Windows 98 and XP without ever encountering the
        issue. Weird. The feature was slightly modified in version 4.5 as a
        workaround to the crashing that occurred under Windows ME whenever a
        browser was invoked through DDE. Going back to the previous method would
        result in users experiencing these crashes again.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

      • David McIntosh
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20, 2002
          Hi eric
          I am using notetab std the latest version and double clicking on IE IS A
          REAL PAIN before you changed it it worked beautifully one click for both
          [NETSCAPE & IE] please go back am running WIN98 with SP1

          THANKYOU DAVE

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11, 2002
            Hi David and Eric and All,

            The NoteTab Next Release list is the list to be on at that time . Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA

            Hopefully MBA will be done shorty and Eric can resume work on v4,86d or 'Tab. Furthermore, there is a definitely some browser issues that we hope he can dress at that time!