Multiple tidy.cfg files?

  • mgutfeldt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2002
      Hi folks,

      I have several different tidy config files for all kinds of purposes.
      Right now, I always copy&paste the one I need into the notetab
      directory, and then tidy the HTML code. This works, of course, but
      it's not exactly the most convenient solution <g>. So, is there a
      convenient way to select a tidy config file from within NoteTab?

      Matthias
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2002
        Hi Matthias,

        > I have several different tidy config files for all kinds of
        > purposes. Right now, I always copy&paste the one I need into
        > the notetab directory, and then tidy the HTML code. This works,
        > of course, but it's not exactly the most convenient solution
        > <g. So, is there a convenient way to select a tidy config file
        > from within NoteTab?

        You can use a Clip and specify which file to use for the
        configuration file. You might open the HTML Library as a
        document. Right click in the Library name combobox above the
        Clips to see some examples of some ways to make a Clip for Tidy.
        It is fairly complicated in the HTML file, so if you need help
        for a basic wizard to use a certain file for the config file,
        please sign up on the Clips list or the HTML list for help with
        it. http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm (The HTML List is
        in my sig-line.) Please do not post Clips or questions in Clip
        writing to the Basic List, this one.

        Using a Configuration File

        Tidy now supports a configuration file, and this is now much the
        most convenient way to configure Tidy. Assuming you have created
        a config file named "config.txt" (the name doesn't matter), you
        can instruct Tidy to use it via the command line option -config
        config.txt, e.g.

        tidy -config config.txt file1.html file2.html
        tidy -config config.txt

        The above was taken from the first link below; I added the second
        for you which should work. There is a lot of information at the
        sourceforge site for Tidy.

        http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/Overview.html
        http://tidy.sourceforge.net/quickref.html

        Happy HTML'n!