RE: [NTB] icon question

  • Brian Binder
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2002
      IMO the next step to take would be to go back to the File Types location you were just in and delete the .txt file type.

      Then reboot.

      Then run Notetab and re-associate them with the .txt entension.

      This should show again in the File Types location. Else manually add it and choose Notetab to open the file type.

      Brian

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2002
        Brian,

        Many thanks for your prompt response. I'll let you know how
        things go when I've had a chance to follow your directions.

        For what it's worth, the main icon I used to get with Note Tab
        Lite was the Swiss flag. On occasion, however, this would be
        superimposed on a blank page icon, which I think you mention.
        What I'm getting now is the Note Pad icon, which is like a
        miniature manuscript page.

        Thanks again.

        Matt Clark
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2002
          Hi Ray and Others,

          >On my computer, the NoteTab icon has recently also been hijacked
          >by the NotePad icon,

          If you already have txt (or other extensions) in Options |
          Associations, click on it and then choose Remove. Click OK so
          that the registry gets updated and then reopen Options |
          Associations. Add "txt" w/o the quotes. You may have to reboot
          Windows for the icon to change depending on OS and resources.

          Make sure you click OK between Remove and Add. You may have to
          go into your registry to fix your problem Ray. Other than that,
          can we bring this thread over to off topic list please. Please
          see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA All the "standard"
          procedures have been mentioned already.

          Happy Topics,
          Jody

          The NoteTab Off-Topic List
        • Dick Gascoigne
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 10, 2002
            Jody opined:
            > bring this thread over to off topic list please.
            > All the "standard" procedures have been mentioned already.

            But even "non-standard" procedures are on-topic, eh?

            Frankly, I take the direct approach (cheat). I just go into the registry
            and replace all data references to Notepad with the path to NoteTab. There
            is nothing that Notepad used to handle that I wouldn't want to handle with
            NoteTab instead.

            You can either just open the registry and search on "Notepad" and replace
            each, or use a registry editor to do a mass search & replace. (I suggest
            one by one.) As always, it is a very good idea to back up your registry
            first! (But "real programmers" don't do backups. :-0 )

            There are a lot of entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSES. For
            some, you just replace the program name, for others use the path to NoteTab.

            C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\notepro.exe "%1"

            Best Regards,

            Dick Gascoigne
            --
            Appic (S) Pte Ltd
            74A Amoy Street; Singapore 069893
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 10, 2002
              Hi Dick and Others,

              >Jody opined:
              >> bring this thread over to off topic list please.
              >> All the "standard" procedures have been mentioned already.
              >
              >But even "non-standard" procedures are on-topic, eh?

              I see I worded my sentence wrong. ;) Thanks for your input, but
              please take the thread to the Off Topic List or to private eMail.
              Editing the registry and other methods mentioned are far beyond
              the basic use of NoteTab. Furthermore, the problem is a very
              isolated issue as well and most likely a problem with the one
              computer in question.

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List