RE: [NTB] Clips

  • Brian Binder
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 1 1:58 PM
      Thanx for the reply.

      Let me ask, when you are using your clips, how exactly are you using them? I know I probably sound totally stupid, but how?

      Are you doing it simply by double-clicking one of them on the side of your page in Notetab, where you have quick access to your clips? Or do you do it in a different fashion?

      Thanx for the response.

      Much appreciated!

      Brian
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 1 2:14 PM
        It varies depending on what I'm doing. Most of the time I don't have the
        Clipbook open, but use either a ClipBar that contains my most used clips
        for quick clicking OR use the in-context clipbook by pressing the escape key.

        Julie

        Brian Binder wrote:

        >Thanx for the reply.
        >
        >Let me ask, when you are using your clips, how exactly are you using
        >them? I know I probably sound totally stupid, but how?
        >
        >Are you doing it simply by double-clicking one of them on the side of your
        >page in Notetab, where you have quick access to your clips? Or do you do
        >it in a different fashion?
        >
        >Thanx for the response.
        >
        >Much appreciated!

        __
        The stuff of Earth competes for the allegiance
        I owe only to the Giver of all good things
        - "If I Stand", Rich Mullins
      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 1 2:17 PM
          Brian,

          At 01:07 PM 3/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
          >I understand that there is a section that is based for Clips discusstions
          >exclusively.
          >
          >This question is pretty general, so I wanted to just give it a quick ask.
          >
          >I would like to use Clips, as that's what seeme to put your product over
          >the top compared with other text editors.
          >
          >But...are clips to be added to a document or HTML or ??? Do I have to use
          >a specific document-type to make them work.

          >Any help greatly appreciated.

          There are 5 Basic types of Clips and each are used for different things in
          different ways.

          You will find a Basic Tutorial you can download at

          http://www.jimbow.com/

          Which explains the different types and what they are used for.

          You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:

          http://www.notetab.net/
          (All kinds of neat goodies)

          Or by Subscribing to the following:

          The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          General Info for Newguys:

          Please note that there are NoteTab lists for various uses of NoteTab and
          comments and questions should generally be posted to the appropriate list.
          (Lest one suffer 1000 wet noodle lashings for posting a question to the
          wrong list)

          Clips Questions should be posted to the above lists where you will find
          more help than Carter has little liver pills.

          Below are all of the NoteTab user lists and you can subscribe to all and
          can elect to receive individual e-mails, a daily digest, or no mail - web
          viewing only.

          I think that you will find all of the lists to be informative and helpful
          beyond your imagination.

          http://www.fookes.com
          http://www.notetab.com
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/notetab
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-nextrelease
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-clips
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-clipclass
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-html
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-offtopic
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-announcements
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/album-express
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/mailbag
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/fs-nextrelease

          Hope this gives you an idea of what direction to go from here.

          Regards,

          Jim

          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 1 2:22 PM
            Hi Brian,

            You can double-click on a Clip to execute it or single click if
            you have the option checked under the Clipbook tab in Options.

            You can sign up for the Clips list if you would like. Please see
            my signature line to subscribe to it. If you go to yahoo.groups
            on the web you can go through the messages to get an idea of how
            Clips can be used which is a lot of tasks.

            >Let me ask, when you are using your clips, how exactly are you
            >using them? I know I probably sound totally stupid, but how?
            >
            >Are you doing it simply by double-clicking one of them on the
            >side of your page in Notetab, where you have quick access to your
            >clips? Or do you do it in a different fashion?

            Happy Clip'n!

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 1 3:06 PM
              On 3/1/02 1:25 PM, Brian Binder wrote:

              >Thanx for the reply.
              >
              >I see what you mean about the clip being not embedded into documents, but then what is the point of the clip?
              >
              >I just want to make sure that I understand them. I can look at the "Utilities" on the bottom of the screen. Those are examples of Clips, right?
              >
              >Now if I look at Windows Utilities and double-click "Explorer", explorer launches on my system. Is that the point, or is it supposed to be put somewhere in the document. Is it a shortcut instead of actually navigating to Explorer? That's what I mean.
              >

              >Brian

              Hi Brian,

              Let me try to add to the others, it may help. If you've been around
              long enough to have used batch files or have programmed a key sequence
              in a software product you have a small idea of Clips(Clip Language).

              Clips are like batch files and keyboard macros on steroids.

              Below is an instructional website authored by some of the list members,
              could be very helpful, and 2 other lists you might consider joining.
              There is a ClipClass.clb, clipbook file, containing about a dozens
              lessons, I think, you should download it but I don't have the location
              of it. I'm sure one of the other listmembers would be happy to furnish
              the address.

              http://www.bestfoot.com/notetab/html/

              ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              I'll try to answer a couple of the questions and comments above. This
              is an attempt to help make things a little clearer.

              To begin, the comment about clips or clip commands being embedded,
              No, I think, for the most part they aren't embedded but, they can be. A
              file with clip commands embedded is more rightly called a *template. *
              When a template is loaded the clip commands activate to transform the
              file into a finished product.

              As an example, I use a template to maintain and add pages to a website I
              look after. After I enter the available info into a clip, the clip loads
              the template and furnishes the information in %variable% form to
              retrieve jpg's(pictures) I have prepositioned and named in sequence, it
              also checks the dimensions of each jpg prior to loading so they will
              display in the proper size and orientation, landscape or portrait
              orientation, and adds the filename and dimensions to the appropriate
              place in the html template. As if by magic, in about a second and a
              half I have a completed webpage.

              The point of clips is to do repetitive jobs easily and automatically.
              To name a few, you can manipulate text, build html pages, get
              directories listings, change file attributes, rename, move and delete
              files. I haven't actually run across anything I've decided to try that
              I can't do with NoteTab.

              The Utilities at the bottom of the edit window are clipbook tabs, when
              you click on one a vertical window should open on the left side of the
              screen. Each entry in that vertical list is a clip with each one
              designed for a different job.

              To sum up, start with the Clipclass and ask questions, eventually you'll
              come up with your own ways of using Clips.

              hrs
            • Brian Binder
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 1 5:32 PM
                This absolutely helps me out a great deal. I have read a few of the web sites, but sometimes I need it broken down step by step or need a specific question answered.

                You guys did a great job and I thank all of you who helped me out with this.

                Brian Binder

                >I understand that there is a section that is based for Clips discusstions
                >exclusively.
                >
                >This question is pretty general, so I wanted to just give it a quick ask.
                >
                >I would like to use Clips, as that's what seeme to put your product over
                >the top compared with other text editors.
                >
                >But...are clips to be added to a document or HTML or ??? Do I have to use
                >a specific document-type to make them work.

                >Any help greatly appreciated.

                There are 5 Basic types of Clips and each are used for different things in
                different ways.

                You will find a Basic Tutorial you can download at

                http://www.jimbow.com/

                Which explains the different types and what they are used for.

                You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:

                http://www.notetab.net/
                (All kinds of neat goodies)

                Or by Subscribing to the following:

                The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                General Info for Newguys:

                Please note that there are NoteTab lists for various uses of NoteTab and
                comments and questions should generally be posted to the appropriate list.
                (Lest one suffer 1000 wet noodle lashings for posting a question to the
                wrong list)

                Clips Questions should be posted to the above lists where you will find
                more help than Carter has little liver pills.

                Below are all of the NoteTab user lists and you can subscribe to all and
                can elect to receive individual e-mails, a daily digest, or no mail - web
                viewing only.

                I think that you will find all of the lists to be informative and helpful
                beyond your imagination.

                http://www.fookes.com
                http://www.notetab.com
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/notetab
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-nextrelease
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-clips
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-clipclass
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-html
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-offtopic
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-announcements
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/album-express
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/mailbag
                http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/fs-nextrelease

                Hope this gives you an idea of what direction to go from here.

                Regards,

                Jim

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705007389:HM/A=847665/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vbW9uc3RlcjcuZGF0=1015021040%3eM=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705007389:HM/A=847665/R=1>
                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=1705007389:HM/A=847665/rand=128063308>

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 1 6:30 PM
                  Hi Brian, Harvey, Jim, and Others,

                  Thanks for the mention of my ClipClass and my NoteTabbers
                  Assistant pages at http://www.notetab.net (I will update the
                  initial part of the class to mention some of your stuff Jim since
                  you say the same thing, but in a different way ;) - TIA.)

                  >This absolutely helps me out a great deal. I have read a few of
                  >the web sites, but sometimes I need it broken down step by step
                  >or need a specific question answered.

                  The class starts off very basic with step by step help, has some
                  screen shots, and builds after that in each lesson. Please do
                  not do any Clip discussion or Clip posting to this list which is
                  reserved for the very basic use of NoteTab. (The discussion of
                  Clips in a basic and general way like has been done so far on
                  this list, The NoteTab Basic List, is fine, just no Clip code
                  posted please.)

                  You can download my Clip Class from the following link and it
                  will walk you through, Getting Started (which is a web page with
                  a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab that
                  deals with Clipbooks), making a Library, adding Clips, and
                  editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips. Be sure to read the
                  Introduction also. Open ClipClass.clb and then click on the
                  ClipClass Outline Clip to open the Outline.

                  All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries folder.
                  http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

                  The NoteTab ClipClass List
                  mailto:ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  You can also sign up for the Clips list to get answers to Clip
                  questions, but please do not post questions there concerning the
                  class, but rather the ClipClass list mentioned above and in the
                  in the ClipClass Outline. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

                  http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips

                • Brian Binder
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 1 6:57 PM
                    That was huge everyone. I am not on my way to understanding the power of the "clips" through this program. With features such as this, I don't see how any other text editor can compare.

                    I am so bold as to say that I like this MUCH more than any Micro$oft-based text editor, including Word. Even though there are features it has that NoteTab doesn't, I like stability rather than the dazzling effects that Micro$oft tried to present in their products.

                    Notetab has too many things to list that are handy for me, and with the introduction to clips that people helped me out with - that just makes this program that much sweeter.

                    I must say again, to ALL of you who helped me out with the questions that I had on this subject, THANK YOU! It is very much appreciated.

                    Sincerely,

                    Brian Binder

                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 16 6:43 AM
                      Hi kuutamo,

                      At 11:03 AM 3/16/04 -0000, you wrote:
                      >Is here clipfiles area?

                      You can subscribe by sending an empty post to:

                      The NoteTab Clips List............ ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                      Message from Jody Adair to another listmember on the "Basic"
                      List dated January 24,2004

                      If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
                      post questions about Clips and other scripting languages on the
                      Basic list. More difficult tasks should be posted on the Clips or
                      Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on the HTML list and Off
                      Topic discussion takes place on that list. Easy Thumbnails, Easy
                      Imager, and Album Express list are for discussion of those
                      programs. The most important thing to remember is please leave
                      the Basic list for the *very basic* use of NoteTab. The other
                      lists are a lot more flexible for instance Clips can be/and are
                      welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

                      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

                      The NoteTabbers Assistant Page (Useful Libraries and Clips for
                      NoteTab, an excellent text and HTML editor): http://www.notetab.net

                      END OF JODY'S MESSAGE:

                      NoteTab's Clipbook libraries are located at:

                      http://www.notetab.com/libraries.php

                      Regards,

                      Larry
                      lrt@... e¿ê