new question

  • Roxanne Pisani
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      Can someone tell me what the .bak file is that is created when I edit using
      NTB. It is a pain. I have to always delete it when I do editing on my HTML
      files and need to upload.

      Any ideas???

      How can I eliminate a .bak file from being created. It is useless.
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
        At 02:48 PM 3/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
        >Can someone tell me what the .bak file is that is created when I edit using
        >NTB. It is a pain. I have to always delete it when I do editing on my HTML
        >files and need to upload.
        >
        >Any ideas???
        >
        >How can I eliminate a .bak file from being created. It is useless.

        You can go to VIEW>OPTIONS>FILES and uncheck MAKE BACKUPS.

        Have you considered an Upload utility like UpLoadAway which lets you mask
        out backup files when automatically uploading your Web Site files?

        Uploadaway can also be configured to run from the command line and can be
        executed from NoteTab.

        http://www.uploadaway.com/

        This gives you the best of both worlds.

        Regards,