NoteTab Pro 4.86d Pre-release

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      There's been a lot of enthusiasm for the new documentation format that I
      recently made available. The problem is that the HTML Help files won't work
      directly from NoteTab. To fix this, I am making available to registered
      NoteTab Pro users a pre-release version of the next update. You can
      download the upgrade wrapper from the following URL:

      NoteTab Pro v4.86d (wrapper); size 1,787,249 bytes; 1745 KB:
      http://www.fookes.com/ftp/wrapper/ntp486dwp.exe

      Here are the changes since v4.86c:

      * Under Windows 2000, ME, and XP, NoteTab now uses the extended File
      Open/Save dialogs with the "places" bar.

      * The Help file has been split into two documents -- the main Help and Clip
      programming Help. The index for Clip syntax has been completed and URLs are
      now clickable.

      * NoteTab now supports for both WinHelp and HTML Help. If it finds the
      *.chm HTML Help files in its folder, NoteTab uses them instead of the
      traditional WinHelp files (.hlp). Download the new HTML Help files from
      here (size 459 KB):

      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/notetabchm.zip
      or
      http://www.fookes.com/ftp/other/notetabchm.zip

      * Under Windows NT/2000/XP, NoteTab could not save over libraries that had
      the Hidden attribute set. This has been fixed.

      * Fixed some minor issues in the RegEx engine.

      * The new HTML Tidy program now available from http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
      is called "tidy_win32.exe". NoteTab now accepts both the previous name
      "Tidy.exe" and the new name.

      * The Clip command "^!Select Filename" has been updated to work with long
      filenames.

      * Other minor changes.

      Hope you find this update useful.

      Regards,