Reload Documant problem

  • Wright, John - Textron Financial
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2002
      >I recently became a registered user of Note Tab Pro after using
      Note Tab
      Light for several months. I love the product, but
      >I am having one problem that I can't seem to resolve; this is the
      scenario:
      >I have a program that produces a report. In Note Tab Pro, I have
      the source
      >program document open and the report document open. I modify the
      source in
      >Note Tab Pro, then I compile/run the job in another window. When I
      return to
      >the NTP window, I get the message "Another application has modified
      "the
      >correct path name for the report is here" Reload it?" I then click
      "Yes,"
      >but the report doesn't reload. I can also click the "Reload
      Document" button

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2002
        Hi John,

        > When I return to
        > >the NTP window, I get the message "Another application has modified
        >"the
        > >correct path name for the report is here" Reload it?" I then click
        >"Yes,"
        > >but the report doesn't reload.

        Can you clarify what it says above please? It looks like
        something is missing:

        "Another application has modified "the correct path name for the
        report is here" Reload it?"

        Does it say the file has been modified by another app or the file
        name including the path, and what about the report? :-)

        I looked through our other mail before posting here and did not
        see where you tried a new install if you did. If not, I suggest
        you try that and a new ini file as well. If you want to create a
        new ini file before reinstalling, close NoteTab and rename
        NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light).
        Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually
        creating the ini file when you shut down NoteTab. Start up
        NoteTab and it will use its default settings making a new INI
        file on shutdown.

        Nite...

      • Wright, John - Textron Financial
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
          As I said, I run a report program in another window. I view the results in
          Note Tab Pro.

          The heading in the message box is "Confirm"
          The message text is "Another application has modified" followed by the
          correct path and file name of the report file. In this case it is:
          "S:\home\wrightj\tfcprod\apps\trstest\rpt\A270AH51.rpt." That is followed by
          "Reload it?" This is followed by Yes and No reply buttons. I click Yes.

          The actual message looks like this (excuse the crude graphics):

          |---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          -----------|
          | ? Another application has modified

          "S:\home\wrightj\tfcprod\apps\trstest\rpt\A270AH51.rpt". |
          | Reload it?
          |
          | _______ ______

          | | Yes | | No |

          | ------------
          ----------- |

          |____________________________________________________|

          No, I have not tried to reinstall. I originally downloaded Pro from your web
          site. I don't remember having to do an unzip. And I don't seem to have the
          Setup.exe that the documentation refers to, so I don't know how I would
          reinstall.

          I did follow your advice about recreating the .ini file this morning. I
          retried the test and got the same results.

          It just doesn't make sense that NTP knows the file has changed, knows the
          correct path and file name, but can't reload it. It seems like a buffer
          problem or the way Windows NT interacts with Note Tab. I'd be happy with a
          work-around. Is there some way to manually clear a document buffer?
          Remember. Closing the file and reopening it gets the same file, without the
          changes from the last run. It seems like the only way to clear the buffer
          and get the new version of the file, is to get completely out of NTP, then
          get back in.

          > >the NTP window, I get the message "Another
          application has modified
          >"the
          > >correct path name for the report is here" Reload
          it?" I then click
          >"Yes,"
          > >but the report doesn't reload.

          Can you clarify what it says above please? It looks like
          something is missing:

          "Another application has modified "the correct path name for
          the
          report is here" Reload it?"

          Does it say the file has been modified by another app or the
          file
          name including the path, and what about the report? :-)

          I looked through our other mail before posting here and did
          not
          see where you tried a new install if you did. If not, I
          suggest
          you try that and a new ini file as well. If you want to
          create a
          new ini file before reinstalling, close NoteTab and rename
          NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for
          Std/Light).
          Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings
          actually
          creating the ini file when you shut down NoteTab. Start up
          NoteTab and it will use its default settings making a new
          INI
          file on shutdown.

          Nite...

          To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message
          empty:

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1 2:04 PM
            Hi John,

            I do not know why the file is not updated when you reload by
            choosing Yes. Perhaps Windows has the file locked out? See what
            happens if you close the other application, wait for a bit, and
            then reload the document. See if you can do an Edit | Reload.
            You asked about a work-around. I can send you a Clip that should
            accomplish the same thing if you want. I'll write you later
            about a reinstall in private eMail.