Re: [NTB] Data Entry into a telnet Ap.

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2002
      Hi toobizzy02,

      >I been a notetab fan for years! Its awesome and powerful.. but it
      >has been awhile since I played with the clips (about 4 years, I
      >guess)...

      I think about the same as you do about NoteTab. ;) You are
      correct that NoteTab can probably do the job you need with Clips,
      however, you need to sign up for the Clips list for discussion of
      Clips. Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA

      >so my question is.. am I on the right track?

      Yes.

      >Some of the problems that I am having getting started is (and you can
      >laugh, cause I am laughing as I type this) ..
      >
      >#1) I dont have the telenet data entry form on my home computer to
      >test this idea. or my scripts.. I suppose I could test it with Excel,
      >or make a database with access...
      >#2) I have not seen, what the recorded entries from the telnet
      >program look like yet in .txt format.

      haha - if you do not know, we surely don't. ;)

      >BTW...
      >:) I am not getting paid to do any of this, but I thought this
      >might impress the boss... plus, it sounds like a fun project..

      Sometimes that adds up to site licences which pleases Fookes
      Software very much! :)

      >Any thoughts, ideas, problems you see?? your comments are welcome.

      One major one - what we were laughing about. I read through your
      post just skimming it, but if the form you want can be exported
      and imported as a delimited file, preferably tab delimited, then
      you might find it much easier, more efficient, and more reliable
      to write your script for that.

      Happy Clip'n!

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options