Re: [NTB] Browser Pops Behind in Windows 2000

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 20, 2002
      Hi Mujtaba,

      The easiest way to set programs to allow them to come to the
      front is with Tweak UI. It has a setting to allow the programs
      to come to the front. MS (Windows) disallowed it because they
      felt to many programmers were taking advantage of bringing their
      programs to the front. You can change the number of flashes you
      get on the Taskbar as well.

      You may have to copy/paste the following in sections, bit it is
      definitely worth getting. It will work or should work on all
      Windows OS'.

      http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/powertoys/networking/nttweakui.asp

      If you prefer to edit your registry, you can do so with the
      following settings. Do it at your own risk. ;) Registry settings
      to remove the Windows block on allowing applications to come to
      the front if the application is programmed to do so. (Edit at
      your own risk of course.)

      Win2000
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
      Key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
      Value: ForegroundLockTimeout
      Type: DWORD
      Data: 200000 (default), 0 (disables)

      Win98
      ¯¯¯¯¯
      Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
      Value: ForegroundLockTimeout
      Type: Binary
      Data: 00 00 00 00