Re: New IE window opening in Browser preview

  • akshay21
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19 8:59 AM
      > Yes I reported this some time ago. Interestingly since the big
      reinstall it stopped
      > happening.

      Hi Adrian,

      Could you please let me know what the 'big reinstall' was? Did you
      have to reinstall Notetab or the browser?

      Thanks,
      Ash
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19 12:17 PM
        Hi Adrian, Ash, Brian, and Others...

        (I provided work-arounds below for the IE - View in Browser
        problem. We should pick this conversation up on the HTML or
        NextRelease list if need be. TIA!)

        I installed NoteTab Pro v4.80 and it sure enough only opened one
        window at a time as Ash mentioned. So, something changed along
        the way now that it wants to display in the same window and the
        first time launched I get a blank window and the page.

        There are was around it though. try setting IE up as your Second
        Browser in Options | Internet. Hold the Shift key down when you
        want to View in Other Browser. When I did it I got a new window
        each time.

        Another way to do it is by using Custom Launch in the Tools tab
        in Options. The tool is called Launch Document as far as adding
        it to the Toolbar or Shortcut menu goes. In Options | Tools add
        the following with your own path:

        "E:\Browsers\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" ^**

        The H:\notetab\index.htm code tells NoteTab to display the
        temporary file of the focused document. If the file has not been
        edited, then the last saved copy will be displayed in the
        browser.

        You can also put Clips on your default Clipbar. You can download
        my webmaster.zip Library for that. It comes with a Clipbar. It
        is idea for those that test HTML in different browsers, those
        that use our third party products, etc.

        Requires NoteTab version 4.82
        Last updated on 07-03-2000
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/webmaster.zip

        I'll send the above information to the lists so that it might
        help others out as well until Eric can hopefully fix the problem
        in a maintenance release.

        Adrian Worsfold wrote:
        >Yes I reported this some time ago. Interestingly since the big
        >reinstall it stopped happening.

        Happy Test'n,
        Jody Adair

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      • akshay21
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 19 4:25 PM
          Hi Jody and Others,

          > There are was around it though. try setting IE up as your Second
          > Browser in Options | Internet. Hold the Shift key down when you
          > want to View in Other Browser. When I did it I got a new window
          > each time.

          While this and the launch document work it sort of defeats the
          purpose since you get a new window *each* time. The problem with
          4.86c and the the browser preview is even though a window of IE is
          already open it (Notetab) isn't communicating properly with it - even
          though older versions like 4.80 did. I'll stick to 4.80 until this
          can be fixed.. hopefully Eric can release a quick update. :)

          Ash

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 20 1:56 PM
            Hi Ash,

            In between the last time I posted about this and now, I
            reinstalled XP Pro. Now, everything works correctly. I saw on
            the Off-Topic list that is what Adrian did to get it working
            correctly in his Win 95 OS awhile back.

            You might be in v4.80 until v5.0 is released and then there may
            not be any changes made unless Eric can duplicate the problem.
            There is nothing that can be done on this list anyway, so if you
            need to discuss it more, please do so on the NextRelease list or
            the OffTopic. TIA. http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm