Re: [notetab] *sigh*/Code question

  • Elaine Normandy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 1998
      At 07:47 PM 7/1/98 GMT, Nicole Simon wrote:
      >This is a post to the new list - still anyone left?

      I'm here.

      This morning I spent a while trying to do the following in clip

      Set up a prompt box which gets a filename.

      If the file doesn't exist, create a file with that name
      Else, open the file.

      I failed to do so before having to move on to something else, so I was
      wondering if anyone has a clip that will do this.

      Thanks in advance,
      Elaine

      Elaine Normandy (elaine@...)
      Sooner or later, we must give up hope of a better yesterday. (A. Brilliant)

      ----
    • Jody Adair
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 1998
        Hi Elaine,

        > Set up a prompt box which gets a filename.
        >
        > If the file doesn't exist, create a file with that name
        > Else, open the file.

        I may have misunderstood about the prompt box, but here is one.
        I don't know what version you or I - haha - am on so you may have
        to use tabs below:

        H="OpenOrMake"

        ;If you want to cancel everything, hold down Ctrl+Alt together and hit OK
        or Cancel
        ^!SET:FileExist ^?{(T=O)Path and name of file=^$GetAppPath$ReadThis.otl}
        ^!IfFileExist:^%FileExist% Open
        ^!TOOLBAR:New Document
        ^!SAVE:AS ^%FileExist%
        ^!GOTO:End