Re: Boolean searches using Find

  • silvermoonwoman2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2002
      --- In notetab@y..., "rdeckard1ca" <rdeckard_@e...> wrote:
      > I've figured out how to search for "this" OR "that." How though do
      I search for "this" AND "that". It must be dead easy but I'm too
      tired to put it together right now.

      To some extent you can use regular expressions for that. To find
      this and that and everything inbetween:

      RegEx Find: this.*that

      To find this and that when separated by two words, you could try:

      RegEx Find: this \B* \B* that

      This method only works line by line (i.e., if "this" is on line 1
      and "that" is on line 2, that occurence is not found.) You can
      structure RegEx searches that include hard breaks, but only (or at
      least for all practical purposes in the current version) when the
      breaks occur in fixed locations within the search criteria.