Re: [NTB] installing on windows nt

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2002
      Hi Trish,

      >I'm having problems using a registered copy of notetab std on a
      >windows nt server. It's for personal use at work and they don't
      >want me to install it. I know I've successfully ran it from a
      >floppy in the past on other systems.

      Earlier versions of NoteTab about pre-versions 4.8 would fit on a
      floppy, because the executable (NoteTab.exe) was compressed.
      Eric switched back to an uncompressed executable because there
      were a few computers that it would not run on without getting a
      false virus report. Also, NoteTab just got a bit too big. Eric
      worked hard to keep it so it would work of a floppy.

      >I'm getting an error message that win nt can't handle the file:
      >EFOMACRO.DLL.

      I do not know what you mean by "win nt can't handle the file"
      The file is used for the Keyboard command in the Clip code. The
      later versions of NoteTab do not report it missing like previous
      versions. If it is not used in the latter versions, you loose
      the Keyboard capability.

      >Has anyone encountered this before that can suggest any tips for
      >getting it to work?

      Since you cannot run a Spell Checker off a floppy and the program
      in any manner, you can download NoteTab Tiny and run it off a
      floppy. (It uses the compressed executable.) It is freeware.
      Here is the link:

      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/notetab486c.exe