Re: [NTB] std vs pro

  • Ralf
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2002
      Jody <av1611@...> took the quill and wrote:

      > Main advantages of NoteTab Std over NoteTab Pro:
      > [...]
      > Can use variable width fonts in document window

      I am using the NTB Light and consider upgrading to the Pro version
      to have HTML-syntax highlighting and the multiple-undo. But I am
      hesitating because I don't want to loose the variable width fonts in
      the document window.

      That's a thing I always wondered about: Which feature of the Pro
      version makes it impossible to ship it with variable font support?

      Ralf
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2002
        Hi Ralf,,

        >> Main advantages of NoteTab Std over NoteTab Pro:
        >> [...]
        >> Can use variable width fonts in document window
        >
        >I am using the NTB Light and consider upgrading to the Pro
        >version to have HTML-syntax highlighting and the multiple-undo.
        >But I am hesitating because I don't want to loose the variable
        >width fonts in the document window.
        >
        >That's a thing I always wondered about: Which feature of the Pro
        >version makes it impossible to ship it with variable font
        >support?

        It is due to the input control used. Pro uses a different one
        than Std/Light. Variable width fonts can be used in Pro for
        everything except the document edit window. (It will print
        variable width fonts.)

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2002
          Hi Rich,

          >Perhaps a typo in your reply to Annie? You list 16 MB paragraph
          >size as an advantage of Std over Pro. But Pro has the higher
          >limit (32 MB) of the two.

          The 32 is in KB, not MB.

          Maximum file size 2 GB 2 GB 2 GB
          Maximum paragraph size 32 KB 2 GB 2 GB

          You can check that by continually pasting text into an edit
          window (with join lines) eventually you will get a message
          saying that the paragraph size has been exceeded. If you select
          all (Ctrl+A) the text you will see the file size.