Re: [NTB] Calculated Expressions

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
      Hi Dan,

      >I use NoteTab's Tools | Calculate Expression very frequently.. what a
      >great thing to have in a text editor!

      I like it too.

      >Could future revs. of NoteTab add the option to write the calculated
      >result into the text file right after the expression,
      >perhaps preceded with an "=" ?

      NTB kinda does that already. Only you have to include the equal sign
      yourself. :)

      (2+2)*3= [CTRL + E] (12)

      It even works, in a limited way, in this direction (but then you need to
      highlight the column):
      +2
      -1
      +4
      *6= [Highlight, CTRL +E] (30)

      Without equal sign you get the pop-up.

      Lotta
    • Dan Doernberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
        > >Could future revs. of NoteTab add the option to write the
        > >calculated result into the text file right after the expression,
        > >perhaps preceded with an "=" ?
        >
        > NTB kinda does that already. Only you have to include the equal sign
        > yourself. :)

        Thanks Lotta--- exactly what I was looking for. I'm embarrassed to say that I *thought* I knew how it worked and failed to
        look at the help files before posting... it's all there very very clearly... sorry! :-<

        Dan Doernberg
        dan@...
        President, Fairness.com LLC
        http://www.fairness.com/
        "Life isn't Fair... but we're working on it."