Calculated Expressions

  • Dan Doernberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
      I use NoteTab's Tools | Calculate Expression very frequently.. what a great thing to have in a text editor!

      Could future revs. of NoteTab add the option to write the calculated result into the text file right after the expression,
      perhaps preceded with an "=" ? I'm imagining a checkbox in that dialog window so users can choose on a case-by-case basis
      whether they want the result added to the file or not.

      I just had an embarrassing case of making a typo on the calculated result when I keyboarded it into a report... :-<

      Dan Doernberg
      dan@...
      President, Fairness.com LLC
      http://www.fairness.com/
      "Life isn't Fair... but we're working on it."
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
        Hi Dan,

        >I use NoteTab's Tools | Calculate Expression very frequently.. what a
        >great thing to have in a text editor!

        I like it too.

        >Could future revs. of NoteTab add the option to write the calculated
        >result into the text file right after the expression,
        >perhaps preceded with an "=" ?

        NTB kinda does that already. Only you have to include the equal sign
        yourself. :)

        (2+2)*3= [CTRL + E] (12)

        It even works, in a limited way, in this direction (but then you need to
        highlight the column):
        +2
        -1
        +4
        *6= [Highlight, CTRL +E] (30)

        Without equal sign you get the pop-up.

        Lotta
      • Dan Doernberg
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
          > >Could future revs. of NoteTab add the option to write the
          > >calculated result into the text file right after the expression,
          > >perhaps preceded with an "=" ?
          >
          > NTB kinda does that already. Only you have to include the equal sign
          > yourself. :)

          Thanks Lotta--- exactly what I was looking for. I'm embarrassed to say that I *thought* I knew how it worked and failed to
          look at the help files before posting... it's all there very very clearly... sorry! :-<