HTMLib and Color Wizard Installation

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hi John,

      >Are you referring to Stephen Le Hunte's HTMLib and the embedded
      >Color Wizard in it?

      Yes, although I was giving an alternative to open other files or
      programs using those two items under the Help menu.

      > Are you saying that you can configure NoteTab Pro so that you
      > can access both of these goodie from the Help Menu?

      Yes. You can also use Tidy, CSE Validator, and Top Style from
      the Help menu. Clip Writer, another third party product that
      enhances NoteTab has its own Clipbar, I believe. ;) Look up
      Third Party Products for more information about them.

      >I have HTMLib 4.0, but I see no sign of ColWiz.exe with it, is
      >that available somewhere else separately or in another version of
      >HTMLib?

      I originally downloaded v3.0 of it, but I think both have it. At
      least when it was downloaded from his old site. I have
      instructions on how to use BK Colour Coder instead of ColWiz, so
      either way you can add which one (or a different one that you want.

      >(I have the Pro CD, so maybe it's there eh?)

      I will add that to the CD. I missed that one.

      >(I have HTMLib kicking around the drive already, and really have
      >it there on hand only for his version of handy little Color
      >Wizard! - so if I could access one from NoteTab Help, it would be
      >mighty fine)

      Yes, you can add only the Color Wizard if you want, but you need
      to at least make a dummy shortcut for the HTMLib so that the
      Color Wizard can be used. You will be able to access HTML Help
      and Color Wizard from NoteTab's Help menu after successfully
      installing them and restarting NoteTab.

      The *names* of the shortcuts in the NoteTab's main folder need to
      be the following which are normally used for the HTMLib Reference
      Library and the Color Wizard. These are *shortcuts*, not the
      file or program. In short, you put the file and program in a
      folder somewhere, perhaps under NoteTab and call it Third Party.
      (Change to your paths if necessary.)

      1. In C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party right click over
      HTMLib.exe and choose Copy (Ctrl+C or Copy icon).
      2. Switch to your NoteTab main folder, right click in an empty
      area, and choose Paste Shortcut.
      3 Right click over the new shortcut, choose Rename, and
      enter: HTMLib.exe if needed.

      1. In C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party right click over
      ColWiz.exe and choose Copy (Ctrl+C or Copy icon).
      2. Switch to NoteTab's main folder, right click in an empty area,
      and choose Paste Shortcut.
      3 Right click over the new shortcut, choose Rename, and
      enter: ColWiz.exe if needed.

      Make sure you name the new shortcuts that you created above now
      residing in *NoteTab's main* directory to HTMLib.exe and
      ColWiz.exe which follow, respectively.

      Name the shortcut for HTMLib: HTMLib.exe
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
      Target:
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party\HTMLib.exe
      Open in:
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party\

      Name of Color Wizard shortcut: ColWiz.exe
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
      Target:
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party\ColWiz.exe
      Open in:
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party\

      Note: If you are using version 3 of the HTMLib which I suggest
      for old worn out machines like Win95 with 64MB RAM. Last time I
      downloaded it I found it at this location:

      Version 3:
      http://www.hooked.net/~tails/htmlib/

      Version 4:
      http://www.notetab.com/download.htm

      Please see my signature line to subscribe to the Off Topic list
      for discussion on the following. TIA

      You can go to http://www.noteTab.net/addons.htm and download BK
      Colour Coder to use with NoteTab. There are instructions on how
      to install it so that it shows up on your NoteTab Help menu.

      If you want to add other files or programs there, please
      reference my post last night:

      Re: [NTB] Updated NoteTab documentation (PDF, CHM, HLP)

      I haven't tried the Tidy HTML or Validate HTML code under the
      Tools menu, but they might work for other programs or files. If
      you do not use those programs, you could switch out if it can be
      done and then you would have two keyboard shortcuts to use. ;)

      This is from NoteTab's Help file under the Help menu:

      HTML Help
      NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by
      Stephen Le Hunte) available from the Help menu. If you have
      HTMLib version 3.0 or older, you can install the package in the
      same directory as NoteTab. Another method that works with all
      versions is to create a shortcut* to the HTMLib.exe file in the
      NoteTab directory. The highly recommended "HTML Reference
      Library" is available from:

      http://www.notetab.com/download.htm

      This menu command is only available once the "HTML Reference
      Library" is correctly set up.
      (* to create the shortcut: 1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib
      file; 2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard; 3. select the
      NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut" from
      the Edit menu. The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab
      after you restart it.)

      HTMLib Color Wizard
      This command activates the "HTMLib Color Wizard" utility
      developed by Stephen Le Hunte. This menu command is only
      available once the "HTML Reference Library" is correctly set up
      (see above).

      Happy Topics,
      Jody

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
    • paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2002
        hi eric,

        what was the authoring tool you used to construct these new versions?

        i've been looking at microsoft's "html help workshop" but i don't find it
        very user friendly.

        tia,

        paul

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2002
          --- In notetab@y..., "paul" <paul@b...> wrote:
          > hi eric,
          >
          > what was the authoring tool you used to construct these new
          versions?

          > i've been looking at microsoft's "html help workshop" but i don't
          find it
          > very user friendly.
          >
          > tia,
          >
          > paul

          In notetab.pdf Eric mentions EC software...

          http://www.ec-software.com/
        • paul
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2002
            > > what was the authoring tool you used to construct these new
            > versions?
            > >
            > > i've been looking at microsoft's "html help workshop" but i don't
            > find it
            > > very user friendly.
            > >
            > > tia,
            > >
            > > paul
            > >

            > In notetab.pdf Eric mentions EC software...
            >
            > http://www.ec-software.com/

            looks the biz!

            thanx.