RE: [NTB] Updated NoteTab documentation (PDF, CHM, HLP)

  • John Cruickshank
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2 9:04 AM
      Jody,

      re:
      "The *names* of the shortcuts in the NoteTab's main folder need to
      be the following which are normally used for the HTMLib Reference
      Library and the Color Wizard."

      You lost me on this one. This the first mention of HTMLib and Color Wizard
      on this list.

      Are you referring to Stephen Le Hunte's HTMLib and the embedded Color Wizard
      in it?
      Are you saying that you can configure NoteTab Pro so that you can access
      both of these goodie from the Help Menu?
      I have HTMLib 4.0, but I see no sign of ColWiz.exe with it, is that
      available somewhere else separately or in another version of HTMLib? (I have
      the Pro CD, so maybe it's there eh?)

      (I have HTMLib kicking around the drive already, and really have it there on
      hand only for his version of handy little Color Wizard! - so if I could
      access one from NoteTab Help, it would be mighty fine)

      It's Plain to Sea, Love still prevails...JC

      The measure of a master is his success in bringing all men around to his
      opinion twenty years later. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

      John Cruickshank, Going Concerns Unlimited
      <<<Hobbit House>> Loveland CO
      _/V\_
      (o~o)
      ,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸oOOo~(_)~oOOo ,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
      Check out the "Sunny John" - a Solar Powered
      Moldering Toilet solution
      (and much more!)
      http://www.sunnyjohn.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2 6:45 PM
        Hi John,

        >Are you referring to Stephen Le Hunte's HTMLib and the embedded
        >Color Wizard in it?

        Yes, although I was giving an alternative to open other files or
        programs using those two items under the Help menu.

        > Are you saying that you can configure NoteTab Pro so that you
        > can access both of these goodie from the Help Menu?

        Yes. You can also use Tidy, CSE Validator, and Top Style from
        the Help menu. Clip Writer, another third party product that
        enhances NoteTab has its own Clipbar, I believe. ;) Look up
        Third Party Products for more information about them.

        >I have HTMLib 4.0, but I see no sign of ColWiz.exe with it, is
        >that available somewhere else separately or in another version of
        >HTMLib?

        I originally downloaded v3.0 of it, but I think both have it. At
        least when it was downloaded from his old site. I have
        instructions on how to use BK Colour Coder instead of ColWiz, so
        either way you can add which one (or a different one that you want.

        >(I have the Pro CD, so maybe it's there eh?)

        I will add that to the CD. I missed that one.

        >(I have HTMLib kicking around the drive already, and really have
        >it there on hand only for his version of handy little Color
        >Wizard! - so if I could access one from NoteTab Help, it would be
        >mighty fine)

        Yes, you can add only the Color Wizard if you want, but you need
        to at least make a dummy shortcut for the HTMLib so that the
        Color Wizard can be used. You will be able to access HTML Help
        and Color Wizard from NoteTab's Help menu after successfully
        installing them and restarting NoteTab.

        The *names* of the shortcuts in the NoteTab's main folder need to
        be the following which are normally used for the HTMLib Reference
        Library and the Color Wizard. These are *shortcuts*, not the
        file or program. In short, you put the file and program in a
        folder somewhere, perhaps under NoteTab and call it Third Party.
        (Change to your paths if necessary.)

        1. In C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party right click over
        HTMLib.exe and choose Copy (Ctrl+C or Copy icon).
        2. Switch to your NoteTab main folder, right click in an empty
        area, and choose Paste Shortcut.
        3 Right click over the new shortcut, choose Rename, and
        enter: HTMLib.exe if needed.

        1. In C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party right click over
        ColWiz.exe and choose Copy (Ctrl+C or Copy icon).
        2. Switch to NoteTab's main folder, right click in an empty area,
        and choose Paste Shortcut.
        3 Right click over the new shortcut, choose Rename, and
        enter: ColWiz.exe if needed.

        Make sure you name the new shortcuts that you created above now
        residing in *NoteTab's main* directory to HTMLib.exe and
        ColWiz.exe which follow, respectively.

        Name the shortcut for HTMLib: HTMLib.exe
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        Target:
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party\HTMLib.exe
        Open in:
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party\

        Name of Color Wizard shortcut: ColWiz.exe
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        Target:
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party\ColWiz.exe
        Open in:
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Third Party\

        Note: If you are using version 3 of the HTMLib which I suggest
        for old worn out machines like Win95 with 64MB RAM. Last time I
        downloaded it I found it at this location:

        Version 3:
        http://www.hooked.net/~tails/htmlib/

        Version 4:
        http://www.notetab.com/download.htm

        Please see my signature line to subscribe to the Off Topic list
        for discussion on the following. TIA

        You can go to http://www.noteTab.net/addons.htm and download BK
        Colour Coder to use with NoteTab. There are instructions on how
        to install it so that it shows up on your NoteTab Help menu.

        If you want to add other files or programs there, please
        reference my post last night:

        Re: [NTB] Updated NoteTab documentation (PDF, CHM, HLP)

        I haven't tried the Tidy HTML or Validate HTML code under the
        Tools menu, but they might work for other programs or files. If
        you do not use those programs, you could switch out if it can be
        done and then you would have two keyboard shortcuts to use. ;)

        This is from NoteTab's Help file under the Help menu:

        HTML Help
        NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by
        Stephen Le Hunte) available from the Help menu. If you have
        HTMLib version 3.0 or older, you can install the package in the
        same directory as NoteTab. Another method that works with all
        versions is to create a shortcut* to the HTMLib.exe file in the
        NoteTab directory. The highly recommended "HTML Reference
        Library" is available from:

        http://www.notetab.com/download.htm

        This menu command is only available once the "HTML Reference
        Library" is correctly set up.
        (* to create the shortcut: 1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib
        file; 2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard; 3. select the
        NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut" from
        the Edit menu. The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab
        after you restart it.)

        HTMLib Color Wizard
        This command activates the "HTMLib Color Wizard" utility
        developed by Stephen Le Hunte. This menu command is only
        available once the "HTML Reference Library" is correctly set up
        (see above).

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      • paul
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3 10:48 AM
          hi eric,

          what was the authoring tool you used to construct these new versions?

          i've been looking at microsoft's "html help workshop" but i don't find it
          very user friendly.

          tia,

          paul

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3 2:57 PM
            --- In notetab@y..., "paul" <paul@b...> wrote:
            > hi eric,
            >
            > what was the authoring tool you used to construct these new
            versions?

            > i've been looking at microsoft's "html help workshop" but i don't
            find it
            > very user friendly.
            >
            > tia,
            >
            > paul

            In notetab.pdf Eric mentions EC software...

            http://www.ec-software.com/
          • paul
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3 4:16 PM
              > > what was the authoring tool you used to construct these new
              > versions?
              > >
              > > i've been looking at microsoft's "html help workshop" but i don't
              > find it
              > > very user friendly.
              > >
              > > tia,
              > >
              > > paul
              > >

              > In notetab.pdf Eric mentions EC software...
              >
              > http://www.ec-software.com/

              looks the biz!

              thanx.