Re: [NTB] Line wrap at column

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hello Jody,

      > NoteTab Std and Light do *not* have real time column wrap. They
      > both will word wrap at the right side of the screen, but not when
      > you set the wrap width at say 70. You have to continuously use
      > the update column wrap.

      That's what I wanted to know! Thanks!

      > NoteTab Pro wraps to a specified column in real time, as you type.

      That's what I really needed! Updating it continously would be a pain.

      > Look in Help for the Comparison Chart to see some of the features
      > that differ. Please reference NoteTab's Glossary from the Help
      > menu for any terms you may not understand. (hopefully, they are
      > in there. ;)

      Yep! I found it in there. Thanks a lot. Now to mention a dirty word
      and put it up against Ultra-Edit... I may want Hex-Editing abilities. Is
      there any plans on that in a future version of NoteTab? I've done
      without it this long I could wait a little while!

      --
      Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
        Hi Jim,

        >> NoteTab Pro wraps to a specified column in real time, as you type.
        >
        >That's what I really needed! Updating it continously would be a pain.

        :-)

        >> Look in Help for the Comparison Chart to see some of the
        >> features that differ. Please reference NoteTab's Glossary from
        >> the Help menu for any terms you may not understand.
        >> (hopefully, they are in there. ;)
        >
        >Yep! I found it in there. Thanks a lot. Now to mention a dirty
        >word and put it up against Ultra-Edit... I may want Hex-Editing
        >abilities. Is there any plans on that in a future version of
        >NoteTab? I've done without it this long I could wait a little
        >while!

        No, no plans for the future at the present time. I know of a
        couple good freeware hex editors, so I am told, ;), and you could
        easily launch one from your default Clipbar. UE is not a dirty
        word, although we do not discuss other software on this list. ;(
        Eric and I spent quite a bit of time talking to the author and
        his wife a few years ago at a share industry conference. They
        are both very nice. Different editors for different folks.
        However, I will say, it is your loss not getting the Pro so you
        can start running circles around other editors that I choose not
        to mention on this list. <g> I'll sale you a CD version as well
        with a number of extras on it. ;) mailto:jody@...

        ...and if nobody else has told you today, I will: