Re: [NTB] RegEx bug?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hi Paul,

      I'll send your post over to the NoteTab Next Release list where
      it needs to go for discussion, but the RegExp is a known issue
      already. The Compress Lines has always only striped one line out,
      whether it is a glitch or not, I do not know. FWIW, Find ^p^p
      and Replace with ^p doing a Replace All only does one pass
      through which is correct for NoteTab and other editors the way I
      understand it.

      >Do we have a bug? I was trying to do a Replacement in NTL 4.86c:
      >
      > Find: \n\n\n+
      > Replace: \n\n
      > [x] RegEx
      >
      >(I also tried Find: '\n\n(\n)+'. I take it the form '\n{3,}' is
      >not supported.)
      >
      >It caught double blank lines, but not triple or greater.
      >
      >Additionally, Modify/Lines/Compress exhibits the same behavior.
      >So I think there's a bug in the RegEx engine.

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
    • silvermoonwoman2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
        --- In notetab@y..., "pbatchie" <paulaol@o...> wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > Do we have a bug? I was trying to do a Replacement in NTL 4.86c:
        >
        > Find: \n\n\n+
        > Replace: \n\n
        > [x] RegEx
        >
        > (I also tried Find: '\n\n(\n)+'. I take it the form '\n{3,}' is not
        supported.)

        > It caught double blank lines, but not triple or greater.
        >
        > Additionally, Modify/Lines/Compress exhibits the same behavior. So
        I think there's a bug in the RegEx engine.

        > Thanks much,
        > Paul

        If you are trying to get rid of all blank lines, try this:

        Find ^\n
        Replace (nothing)
        (x) regex

        Regards,