Line wrap at column

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
      Hello People,

      I just installed NoteTab Light and I'm confused about the "Wrap at
      column XX" feature. I can't get it to wrap at column... say 65. I just
      keep typing and it wraps at the end of screen if the "Word Wrap" is set.
      Otherwise it just keeps on going.

      Only when I choose "Document -> Update Column Wrap" does it wrap at the
      desired column. I find this extremely annoying! Is column wrap not
      enforced during editing? Is this a commercial version only feature? If
      that's the case I'll probably register it but I don't want to register
      it this is NoteTab's standard behavior.

      Thanks in advance!

      --
      Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
        Hi Jim,

        >I just installed NoteTab Light and I'm confused about the "Wrap
        >at column XX" feature. I can't get it to wrap at column... say
        >65. I just keep typing and it wraps at the end of screen if the
        >"Word Wrap" is set. Otherwise it just keeps on going.
        >
        >Only when I choose "Document -> Update Column Wrap" does it wrap
        >at the desired column. I find this extremely annoying! Is
        >column wrap not enforced during editing? Is this a commercial
        >version only feature? If that's the case I'll probably register
        >it but I don't want to register it this is NoteTab's standard
        >behavior.

        NoteTab Std and Light do *not* have real time column wrap. They
        both will word wrap at the right side of the screen, but not when
        you set the wrap width at say 70. You have to continuously use
        the update column wrap.

        NoteTab Pro wraps to a specified column in real time, as you type.

        Update Column Wrap
        Updates lines in current document so that they wrap at defined
        column. This option is only available in NoteTab Std and is
        enabled when the column wrap option is set for the current
        document. NoteTab Pro does not need this feature because it
        handles column wrap in real time.

        Look in Help for the Comparison Chart to see some of the features
        that differ. Please reference NoteTab's Glossary from the Help
        menu for any terms you may not understand. (hopefully, they are
        in there. ;)

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
          Hello Jody,

          > NoteTab Std and Light do *not* have real time column wrap. They
          > both will word wrap at the right side of the screen, but not when
          > you set the wrap width at say 70. You have to continuously use
          > the update column wrap.

          That's what I wanted to know! Thanks!

          > NoteTab Pro wraps to a specified column in real time, as you type.

          That's what I really needed! Updating it continously would be a pain.

          > Look in Help for the Comparison Chart to see some of the features
          > that differ. Please reference NoteTab's Glossary from the Help
          > menu for any terms you may not understand. (hopefully, they are
          > in there. ;)

          Yep! I found it in there. Thanks a lot. Now to mention a dirty word
          and put it up against Ultra-Edit... I may want Hex-Editing abilities. Is
          there any plans on that in a future version of NoteTab? I've done
          without it this long I could wait a little while!

          --
          Jim
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
            Hi Jim,

            >> NoteTab Pro wraps to a specified column in real time, as you type.
            >
            >That's what I really needed! Updating it continously would be a pain.

            :-)

            >> Look in Help for the Comparison Chart to see some of the
            >> features that differ. Please reference NoteTab's Glossary from
            >> the Help menu for any terms you may not understand.
            >> (hopefully, they are in there. ;)
            >
            >Yep! I found it in there. Thanks a lot. Now to mention a dirty
            >word and put it up against Ultra-Edit... I may want Hex-Editing
            >abilities. Is there any plans on that in a future version of
            >NoteTab? I've done without it this long I could wait a little
            >while!

            No, no plans for the future at the present time. I know of a
            couple good freeware hex editors, so I am told, ;), and you could
            easily launch one from your default Clipbar. UE is not a dirty
            word, although we do not discuss other software on this list. ;(
            Eric and I spent quite a bit of time talking to the author and
            his wife a few years ago at a share industry conference. They
            are both very nice. Different editors for different folks.
            However, I will say, it is your loss not getting the Pro so you
            can start running circles around other editors that I choose not
            to mention on this list. <g> I'll sale you a CD version as well
            with a number of extras on it. ;) mailto:jody@...

            ...and if nobody else has told you today, I will: