Using the Different Lists, Posting and so on...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2002
      Hi All,

      If you need to discuss any of the following, please write me in
      private eMail about it.

      The NoteTab Basic List is for discussion of very basic and general
      NoteTab-related questions.

      Please, be considerate and *delete all* text in replies that is not
      needed to understand your reply. There are many subscribers that
      have to pay for their on-line time or by the kb and this costs them
      money to only get something they already saw.

      Please send all posts that you think may need a Clip built to the
      NoteTab Clips List and post *all Clips* and Clip code to that list
      as well. Things like GAWK, Perl, RegExp should be discussed on the
      Clips or HTML list.

      Please use the Off Topic list for discussion of other software.

      Please make the Subject: line meaningful. When the thread (a
      group of messages about the same topic) switches to a different
      Subject:, please rename it and put the old Subject in parenthesis.

      All the lists can be subscribed to or unsubscribed from at this
      link: http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm The majority of the
      time an unsubscribe address is in my sigline.

      The Fookes Software discussion mailing lists have people from all
      backgrounds and all ages, so please keep the conversation clean so
      you do not offend anybody. Also, take all heated (bashing), posts
      etc. off the lists completely. Thanks!

      The mailing lists are not affiliated with Fookes Software, but Eric
      Fookes, the author and Jody Adair do make comments. Jody's comments
      on the lists are his own and do not necessarily reflect the views of
      Fookes Software.

    • Rich Kittell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2002
        Speaking to the general question of unsubscribing from just about any list: when in doubt, see if your e-mail software will show you the full header from a recent list message. Many list managers, including all the professional list hosting houses I've had contact with, include unsubscribe information in the e-mail header of every message they send you. That includes eGroups and hence all the NoteTab lists. The header is for machine, not human, comprehension, but fear not - you're a NoteTab user!

        Do a Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C in the e-mail window displaying the header gobbledygook to put it on the clipboard, then do a Paste-New (Shift+Ctrl+V) in NoteTab and do a case-insensitive search for the text "unsubscribe". I did that on the header of Jody's base message for this thread, and it found:

        And there you go!

        Rich
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
        so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
        -Bertrand Russell

        All the lists can be subscribed to or unsubscribed from at this
        link: http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm The majority of the
        time an unsubscribe address is in my sigline.

        <snip>

        <snip>