Formatting Text (was Re: [NTB] True Newbie)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2002
      Hi Mary,

      Welcome to the NoteTab Basic List!

      >I'm a true newbie to E-zine publishing and Note Tab Light. I've
      >done two issues now. For the first one I did all the hard returns
      >by hand and it took me forever. The next time I discovered "paste
      >clip" and it was a breeze. I know there's so much more I could be
      >doing with this. Right now I'm just pasting into a template.

      NoteTab has quite few formatting tools. It depends on what you
      are doing and your personal preferences as to which tools you
      use. Some that you might want to read about in Help if you get
      along with Help files are: Join Lines, Split Lines, Set column
      Wrap, and Reformat Lines. There are a number of working Clips
      (see Help | NoteTab Glossary ;) in the two Libraries mentioned
      below. Many Clips use the tools mentioned above.

      I have a Library called ReFormat with a number of Clips in it
      made just for reformatting text and another called eForm'r which
      is a bit smaller and maybe not as overwhelming. You should be
      able to get them from my Libraries page. Click on the link in my
      sigline for my front page.

      If you need to discuss the Libraries (that you unzip to NoteTab's
      Library folder) please write me in private eMail or the Clips
      list.

      >Also, when I checked my posts on Yahoo, I noticed that the
      >formatting was staggered even though it came to my box like I
      >pasted it. Which version are people seeing? One of my newsletters
      >had curliques also. I guess that was in the text that I copied.
      >Is there a way to make sure it's all uniform before I send it
      >out?

      My guess is you are speaking of a long line short line effect
      from what I saw. If you select all the text in NoteTab and
      choose Join Lines (off the Modify Lines menu) all your text will
      wrap evenly (so long as your AOL mail program does not add them
      automatically). You can add tools to your Toolbar or Shortcut
      (right click over document) menu in View | Options under those
      names (tab). I know what "curliques" are, but have no idea what
      you are talking about, I think, :-)