Re: [NTB] Configuring NoteTab

  • Juraitwaluzka Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2002
      >However, as far as the
      >word-left/right buttons, I've seen the same behavior in many apps, and had
      >just kind of assumed it wasn't something the editor's coder to alter.

      Notetab works a little different than other apps in this regard (then again
      they pretty much all have their quirks). For example, I've seen other apps
      that would "trigger" on an underscore, which for C++ code made it a big pain
      (i.e. multiple keypresses to go past some_var_with_multiple_underscores
      instead of just one keypress). Notetab handles underscores the way I would
      like, but it skips some other characters that I would rather it stop on. I
      also realize that my wants and needs are different than other folks, which
      is why I would think a config string would be the best way to go - then each
      person could set it up as they needed. There's a reason I've always been
      told hard coded values are bad, configurable values are good - it means the
      user can make a quick change and no code has to be looked at/touched -
      meaning stuff gets done quickly instead of "wait for next release, if at
      all". Not that Notetab is like that (thankfully), but I'm sure everyone has
      experienced this with apps from some of the "big" companies.

      >However, on the 'home' issue - pressing home twice, say, to go to the
      >beginning of the whole line, would be a good idea, perhaps.

      Yep - this is how Devstudio and a couple of other programmer's editors that
      I have work - so naturally I would like Notetab to operate in a similar
      fashion :)