RE: [NTB] windows xp/ access violation on save

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2002
      Hi Richard & Jonathan,

      Access violations are common from any programs when there is a
      low resource condition. My suggestion was not meant to be a
      solution unless it solved the problem. It sounds like that may
      be the problem. Do you get these errors all the time just after
      bootup or does it take awhile to appear? If the latter, I would
      sign up for my NoteTab Off-Topic list to discuss memory issues.
      Please see my signature line to sign up.

      >I, too, have been getting this problem on Windows 2000.
      >
      >Jody's solution was to close NoteTab, rename NotePro.ini, open
      >NoteTab, close NoteTab, delete the new NotePro.ini file, and
      >rename the old one as NotePro.ini.
      >
      >This seems to work for a while; but then I have to repeat the
      >procedure. I have been doing this regularly every couple days.
      >I'm frustrated.
      >
      >Even if I start with a fresh, uncustomized NotePro.ini, the
      >problem repeats itself in short order.
      >
      >Help! or I'll uninstall NoteTab Pro 4.86c. That never happened in
      >earlier versions.
      >When I try to save a new file or save as a file under a new name,
      >I get an Access Violation at address 0043662F in module
      >NotePro.exe. Read of address 0000000004. Once the message box is
      >dismissed, the save dialog appears as usual and the file can be
      >saved.
      >
      >It doesn't happen when saving changes to an existing file, only
      >when trying to create a new one. I'm using 4.86c of Notetab Pro.
      >
      >any ideas?
      >
      >Jonathan

      Happy Topics,
      Jody