Cursor

  • David Bishop
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2002
      Hi, is there a way to change the shape and color of the cursor. It's a thin
      orange line and I have so much trouble keeping track of it when I'am
      editing.
      Thanke You
      Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2002
        Hi David,

        >Hi, is there a way to change the shape and color of the cursor.
        >It's a thin orange line and I have so much trouble keeping track
        >of it when I'am editing.

        You should be able to change the cursor under the Mouse settings
        in the Control Panel. If you need help with that, please see my
        signature line to sign up for the Off-Topic list. TIA

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      • Jock
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
          >Note Tab Pro v4.95/np (full). Windows XP Home SP2.<

          Cursor position.

          If I leave Note Tab on the screen and bring up another application
          on top of it, the cursor position in Note Tab is lost. I.e. Note
          Tab takes the position of the cursor in the other application or
          takes some other cursor position unrelated to either application.

          Is this normal behaviour?

          This does not happen if I have two or more files open in Note Tab,
          and it doesn't happen if I minimise both applications and bring up
          the applications one at a time.

          Most peculiar.

          --

          Jock.
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
            Jock wrote:
            >> Note Tab Pro v4.95/np (full). Windows XP Home SP2.<
            >>

            > Cursor position.
            >
            > If I leave Note Tab on the screen and bring up another application
            > on top of it, the cursor position in Note Tab is lost. I.e. Note
            > Tab takes the position of the cursor in the other application or
            > takes some other cursor position unrelated to either application.
            >
            > Is this normal behaviour?
            >
            > This does not happen if I have two or more files open in Note Tab,
            > and it doesn't happen if I minimise both applications and bring up
            > the applications one at a time.
            >
            > Most peculiar.

            Jock,

            What you describe is very unusual, my cursor position in NoteTab never
            changes from where I leave it regardless of what else I open. On rare
            occasions I may inadvertently click the mouse within the edit window and
            that will cause the cursor to jump to the clicked position.

            --
            ºvº
            06.01.29
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
              Hi Jock,

              >>Note Tab Pro v4.95/np (full). Windows XP Home SP2.<
              >
              >Cursor position.
              >
              >If I leave Note Tab on the screen and bring up another
              >application on top of it, the cursor position in Note Tab is
              >lost. I.e. Note Tab takes the position of the cursor in the other
              >application or takes some other cursor position unrelated to
              >either application.
              >
              >Is this normal behaviour?
              >
              >This does not happen if I have two or more files open in Note
              >Tab, and it doesn't happen if I minimise both applications and
              >bring up the applications one at a time.

              I've never seen that happen before either. I have heard of
              strange things like that happening in Std/Light and can sometimes
              be fixed with a new riched32.dll. Pro does not use that input
              control though. Is it possible that you have other programs
              running that are perhaps trying to steal the focus and you are
              actually getting a click in the program during times like that
              causing it to look like the cursor has moved on its own? I think
              I am looking at it backwards in my description, but perhaps
              NoteTab is trying to gain focus. I do not know of any standard
              feature that would do that, but perhaps a Clip running or maybe
              auto-save.

              Happy Tab'n,