Control Char?

  • Scott F. Hicks
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2002
      Is it possible to enter control chars such as FormFeed (12) into a document?

      Thanks.
    • RS
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2002
        Hi Scott,

        At 11:18 AM 1/5/02 -0800 you wrote:
        >Is it possible to enter control chars such as FormFeed (12) into a document?

        I don't think there's a way using the keyboard, but you can use a clip like
        this:

        ;======== Start ========
        H="Insert FormFeed Char"
        ^$DecToChar(12)$
        ;========= End =========

        Regards,

        RS
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2002
          Hi Scott and RS,

          >Is it possible to enter control chars such as FormFeed (12) into
          >a document?

          Try Document | Insert Page Break The NoteTab token is ^b.
          A page break and form feed are the same as far as I can tell. ;)

          Dec Hex Oct Binary Name
          12 0C 14 00001100 FF - Form feed

          Eric shows the hex value after the tokens below FWIW:

          ^T = Tab ($09)
          ^B = Page break ($0C)
          ^P = Paragraph (carriage-return/line-feed pair)

          The following are not available in NoteTab Pro:

          ^C = Carriage-return ($0D)
          ^L = Line-feed ($0A)

          If you look under the Help menu and click on Help on Clipbook
          programming menu item and then on the one for variables you will
          see a number of preset variables that may interest you although
          we do not post or discuss Clips on this list do we RS? :-)

          Search Help for Command-line and check out the print (\p=)
          parameter as well.