FW: [NTB] Python Language Programming Syntax Formatter for Notetab Pro?

  • Fred Allen
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
      Dear Sirs and Mesdames:

      When I first posted this question, I fear (hope) my expression was obscure,
      for I've received no reply. Do any among you know of a Clip program that,
      when active, color-codes the Python programming language's syntactic
      tokens? If you do, I'd greatly appreciate being told how I might get it.
      With advance thanks, I remain,

      Respectfully,

      Fred Allen

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
        --- Fred Allen <fallen@...> wrote:
        > Dear Sirs and Mesdames:
        >
        > When I first posted this question, I fear (hope) my
        > expression was obscure,
        > for I've received no reply. Do any among you know
        > of a Clip program that,
        > when active, color-codes the Python programming
        > language's syntactic
        > tokens? If you do, I'd greatly appreciate being
        > told how I might get it.
        > With advance thanks, I remain,
        >
        > Respectfully,
        >
        > Fred Allen

        I suspect that most Python coders are active
        in the Linux community. As this thread deals mostly
        with a Windows program the answers you receive may be
        sparse. If you go to Extremetech.com in the forums
        there are numerous Python coders who can make a solid
        reccomendation to you. For Windows there is a lovely
        piece of Freeware called the Exidor editor which I
        like and you might like as well even if it is not
        specifically what you seek. If the Python community
        does not have the answer you seek try the Perl Monks
        Org. Those guys must use every programming tool known
        to man.
        Jim

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • bryllars@concentric.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
          James Sadler wrote
          > For Windows there is a lovely
          >piece of Freeware called the Exidor editor which I
          >like and you might like as well

          What on earth is this? Is it Ultra Edit?

          Nothing comes up on a search except Exidor computer Co
          with an address not found.

          Bryllars@...
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
            On 1/4/02 1:06 PM, Fred Allen wrote:

            >Dear Sirs and Mesdames:
            >
            >When I first posted this question, I fear (hope) my expression was obscure,
            >for I've received no reply. Do any among you know of a Clip program that,
            >when active, color-codes the Python programming language's syntactic
            >tokens? If you do, I'd greatly appreciate being told how I might get it.
            >With advance thanks, I remain,
            >
            >Respectfully,
            >
            >Fred Allen

            Hello,

            I saw your original post and I thought I saw an answer to it,
            nevertheless, I'll try to answer if I understand the question correctly.

            You're asking if NoteTab offers syntax color coding for Python scripts.
            As far as I'm aware color coding is restricted to NoteTab clip script
            and HTML script.

            But, things are looking up, version 5 of NoteTab, when it is released,
            is said to offer customizable script language color coding. We don't
            have an exact timetable for the release but, we're all anxiously
            awaiting it also.

            hrs
          • Martyn Folkes
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
              Where can we find out more about version 5, and is it being Beta tested yet?

              Martyn

            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
                On 1/4/02 5:37 PM, Martyn Folkes wrote:

                >Where can we find out more about version 5, and is it being Beta tested yet?
                >
                >Martyn

                Martyn,

                If you continue to monitor this group you'll surely hear about V5 when
                it starts beta testing.

                For more specific information you might try a post to Jody Adair (answer
                man) on this or other NoteTab user lists. The author could the
                questions also, but, the less we bother him the more time he can devote
                to V5.

                hrs
              • james sadler
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
                  --- bryllars@... wrote:
                  > James Sadler wrote
                  > > For Windows there is a lovely
                  > >piece of Freeware called the Exidor editor which I
                  > >like and you might like as well
                  >
                  > What on earth is this? Is it Ultra Edit?
                  >
                  > Nothing comes up on a search except Exidor computer
                  > Co
                  > with an address not found.
                  >
                  > Bryllars@...
                  > My memory was less than perfect. The correct name
                  of that editor is Edxor and it is quite a nice editor.
                  I have not explored all of its functions but from what
                  I have used I highly reccomend it and being free
                  doesn't hurt a bit.

                  Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
                  http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
                    Hi Martyn,

                    >Where can we find out more about version 5, and is it being Beta
                    >tested yet?

                    No, it is not in public beta testing yet. It is being worked on,
                    although not full time as of yet. Public beta testing will
                    happen on The NoteTab Next Release List when it starts. There is
                    no estimated release date of the public beta at this time which
                    would definitely include the full release.

                    ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    If you want to be on the Fookes Software notification list for
                    Fookes Software updates and new products, sign up for it at
                    http://www.fookes.com in the lower left border area.

                    Normally, when you do not get a reply on the mailings lists it is
                    because nobody has an answer, but it does not hurt to re-post
                    after a couple days. ;)

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 5, 2002
                      Thankyou again

                      Bryllars