Re: [NTB] EWin32Error

  • RS
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hi Mark,

      At 12:18 AM 1/2/02 +0000 you wrote:
      >On a hunch, I moved NoteTab's ini file to a temp folder
      >and tried to restart NoteTab and it worked, but of
      >course I had lost all my settings. Does anybody know
      >what part of the ini file to look in to correct this
      >problem? Apparently, some part of it got corrupted.

      Why don't you compare the INIs with ExamDiff to find out what is wrong?

      There is a link on my NoteTab page, with a clip to use it from NoteTab:

      http://ptools.home.att.net/main/index.htm

      Regards,

      RS
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2002
        Hi Mark,

        Those errors are usually due to low resources. Sometimes they
        may be caused by certain file(s). It/they may open fine a few at
        a time, but when trying to load them all on startup is a
        different matter. If you get error messages like Win32 API,
        NoteTab freezes, or seems to freeze up (which might be loading
        many MB) sometimes it can happen on startup because you had too
        many large documents to reload from when you last had NoteTab
        open.

        Try opening an editor that will read text documents like Notepad
        or Wordpad and open NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Scroll
        down till you get to the [Autoload] section and remove all the
        paths to the files to reload on startup. You might want to try
        it from a fresh Windows boot up as well.

        You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
        with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
        of it and restart NoteTab.

      • rainmark@att.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2002
          Hi Jody,
          Thanks. Are you saying that if I edit NotePro.ini in
          WordPad that I don't have to save it as !NotePro.ini?
          Does it only have to have the exclamation point in front
          of it if it's edited in NoteTab? I never did understand
          the logic behind using the ! in front of the name of the
          ini file after editing. It seems like I did this once
          and just saved it as NotePro.ini and it worked.

          Mark
        • rainmark@att.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2002
            Hi RS,
            Thanks for the link. I think I had this utility in my
            old computer, but I'm not sure if it got migrated over
            to the new one. It did come in handy a few times. ;)

            Mark

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
              Hi Mark,

              >Thanks. Are you saying that if I edit NotePro.ini in
              >WordPad that I don't have to save it as !NotePro.ini?

              Yes, but make sure NoteTab is closed if you omit the
              explanation mark. You can leave NoteTab open if you add it.

              >Does it only have to have the exclamation point in front
              >of it if it's edited in NoteTab? I never did understand
              >the logic behind using the ! in front of the name of the
              >ini file after editing. It seems like I did this once
              >and just saved it as NotePro.ini and it worked.

              If you edit NoteTab's INI file when it is open, all the changes
              you made will be lost no matter what program you use to edit it
              with. NoteTab looks for the exclamation mark and if found it is
              used instead of the current INI file. NoteTab deletes the
              current and renames the INI with the exclamation removing it.