Meta (was Re: [NTB] NoteTab Pro & Notepad)

  • Brian Mailman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Jody wrote:

      > >Jody - on the Notetab "Testimonials" page, one of the commenters
      > >refers to "Notepad" altho he surely was talking about our beloved
      > >Notetab... should that be changed on the page in question??

      > Perhaps that should be a FAQ. Eric is aware of it and chose not
      > to alter the original, so it remains as is. ;)

      A suggestion, if you don't mind...

      There is a convention where an editor can and does change original text
      to clarify meaning, but marks the revision with brackets to ensure it's
      not a verbatim quote. In this case, it would be (without the quotes)
      "Note[tab]." One often sees this done with text referring to
      third-parties to the reader "[Alex] then went to the store," or nouns
      replacing articles, as in "and then he went [to Disneyland]."

      B/
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        or [sic]
        after the typo so you know it was an accident by the writer
        --
        Don Passenger
        mailto:dpasseng@...