Re: [NTB] NoteTab Pro & Notepad - Return character

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hi Lotta and Ed,

      To add to what Lotta posted, you can place your mouse pointer
      anywhere in one of the documents when opened in NoteTAB and look
      at the Statusbar at the bottom of the screen. It will display
      the format it is in. You can also right click over the document
      tabs and change the format after checking/changing to Lotta's
      suggestion, or was that a bet Lotta? :-) Ed, when you are
      posting please ensure you type NoteTab and/or Notepad correctly.
      It is sometimes hard to follow which program you are referring
      to.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2002
        Hi Ed and Others,

        Pre-guessing the next question that I forgot to mention is the
        difference in the two settings that Lotta and I mentioned. I
        hope the following is clear, because I'm brain dead and altered a
        PasteBack Clip for Fonts.

        There are two settings for document Save Format. One is in View
        | Options | Documents | Save-Format... It controls the font used
        for all new documents like when you click on the New Document
        icon on the Toolbar (Ctrl+N) and also documents you have not set
        the Save Format in. The second is off the document's tab content
        menu. It controls each document's settings, that is, the one you
        have focused in NoteTab and overrides the global settings in
        Options when used. The settings are stored in NoteTab's main
        folder in NoteTab.fpr (NotePro.fpr for Pro) and remember between
        NoteTab sessions. Document Properties, Fonts, etc. act in the
        same manner. If you would like to reset the file properties in
        all documents you can do that under the Advanced tab in Options.

        Wow, 4am and I have to get up about 7am. nite...

        >To add to what Lotta posted, you can place your mouse pointer
        >anywhere in one of the documents when opened in NoteTAB and look
        >at the Statusbar at the bottom of the screen. It will display
        >the format it is in. You can also right click over the document
        >tabs and change the format after checking/changing to Lotta's
        >suggestion, or was that a bet Lotta? :-) Ed, when you are
        >posting please ensure you type NoteTab and/or Notepad correctly.
        >It is sometimes hard to follow which program you are referring
        >to.
        >
        >>> I have started working with a group to maintain a website. They
        >>> do not use NoteTab Pro, I do - relatively new user.
        >>>
        >>> I modified a number of files and uploaded them (using WS-FTP).
        >>> When they, or myself, opened the files using Notepad the return
        >>> characters were replaced with black boxes and the result was a
        >>> single continuous text string.
        >>
        >> Those black boxes have to do with an incompatibility between
        >> Windows/DOS and UNIX text formats, or so I'm told. NTB can save
        >> as UNIX so... Quick check shows that if a html document is
        >> saved in UNIX the black boxes occur when the source is viewed
        >> with Notepad, even locally.

      • Carl Swann
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2002
          --- Jody <av1611@...> wrote:

          > Ed, when
          > you are
          > posting please ensure you type NoteTab and/or
          > Notepad correctly.

          Jody - on the Notetab "Testimonials" page, one of the
          commenters refers to "Notepad" altho he surely was
          talking about our beloved Notetab... should that be
          changed on the page in question??

          Happy New Year anyway!
          Carl

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2002
            Hi Carl and Others,

            >> Ed, when you are posting please ensure you type NoteTab and/or
            >> Notepad correctly.
            >
            >Jody - on the Notetab "Testimonials" page, one of the commenters
            >refers to "Notepad" altho he surely was talking about our beloved
            >Notetab... should that be changed on the page in question??

            Perhaps that should be a FAQ. Eric is aware of it and chose not
            to alter the original, so it remains as is. ;)

            >Happy New Year anyway!

            ...and also to you and everybody.