Upgrading

  • alananne
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 18, 2001
      I have NoteTab Pro at 4.52 [and that will be an upgrade] and thought I would
      upgrade to current.

      I have downloaded and saved zip file.

      After running Winzip I get window saying an upgradable version has been
      identified.

      Next stage throws up window to say that software cannot be extracted from
      wrapper.

      What have I missed? Is my original software from pre-update to 4.52
      excluded
      from upgrade?

      Alan Middlemass
      Bearpark, Durham, UK

    • Bob M Brown
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 18, 2001
        Hi,

        It sounds like the zip file you downloaded is corrupt? Open it in Winzip
        and choose "Test" from the "Actions" menu. If that passes, download another
        copy of the file and try that. Before you do that though you may want to
        delete your temporary files in case the local cached copy is corrupt as
        well.

        Open up IE, choose Tools, Internet Options. On the General Tab (default)
        click the Delete Files button, tick Delete all offline content and hit OK.
        Try the download then and see how it goes.

        Failing that let the list know what happens and someone will try to help.

        Cheers,

        - Bob -

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 18, 2001
          Hi Alan,

          >After running Winzip I get window saying an upgradable version
          >has been identified.

          Bob gave you some good information for a zip file. I am unaware
          of an upgrade for NoteTab Pro being in a zip file, but believe
          they are all self-extracting/executable files. Download, click,
          and follow the instructions.

          >Next stage throws up window to say that software cannot be
          >extracted from wrapper.

          That can happen with a bad download or a virus on your computer.

          >What have I missed? Is my original software from pre-update to
          >4.52 excluded from upgrade?

          All 4.xx registered versions are upgradable: NoteTab Pro v4.0,
          v4.011, v4.5x, v4.6x, and v4.8x... The latest version of NoteTab
          is 4.86c. Do not try to upgrade a registered version with a
          Trial or Freeware version.

          http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.htm
          http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

          NoteTab Pro v4.86c (wrapper-registered); size 1,767,322 bytes; 1726 KB:
          http://www.fookes.com/ftp/wrapper/ntp486cwp.exe
          http://www.notetab.ch/ftp/ntp486cwp.exe
          http://www.notetab.com/ftp/ntp486cwp.exe

          "Note that the upgrade will fail if your program file is damaged
          or infected by a virus. If this happens, check your computer for
          viruses and then reinstall your registered version of NoteTab. If
          the upgrade program still fails after this, please contact us
          [mailto:Support@...] with a description of the problem
          *and* your full registration details. In return, we will send you
          a personal key to unlock the wrapper."

        • alananne
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 20, 2001
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
              Easy question but I couldn't find the answer on the site or Yahoo
              archives . . .

              I am running NTB Lite version 4.9.0.32 and am thinking of upgrading to
              version 4.95. Can I install over the old version or to I need to
              uninstall the old version first?

              Thanks!

              sisterscape

            • Larry Thomas
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
                At 07:18 PM 10/30/03 -0800, you wrote:
                >Easy question but I couldn't find the answer on the site or Yahoo
                >archives . . .
                >
                >I am running NTB Lite version 4.9.0.32 and am thinking of upgrading to
                >version 4.95. Can I install over the old version or to I need to
                >uninstall the old version first?

                Install over it. You could make a temporary backup copy of your old files
                if you are concerned so that you can recover if anything goes wrong but I
                have done this all the time and never had a problem.

                Regards,

                Larry
                lrt@... e¿ê
              • sisterscape
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 31, 2003
                  Thanks. Everything went just fine.

                  --- Larry Thomas <larryt@...> wrote:
                  > At 07:18 PM 10/30/03 -0800, you wrote:
                  > >Easy question but I couldn't find the answer on the site or Yahoo
                  > >archives . . .
                  > >
                  > >I am running NTB Lite version 4.9.0.32 and am thinking of upgrading
                  > >version 4.95. Can I install over the old version or to I need to
                  > >uninstall the old version first?
                  >
                  > Install over it. You could make a temporary backup copy of your old
                  > files
                  > if you are concerned so that you can recover if anything goes wrong
                  > but I
                  > have done this all the time and never had a problem.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Larry
                  > lrt@... e��

                • Holly
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
                    Hi. I have NoteTab Pro 6.2 installed on my system but I do not remember when I purchased it & cannot find my receipt. Is there a way to get my order # that I need to upgrade?
                  • Eric Fookes
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
                      Hi Holly,

                      Please contact Fookes Software directly through the following page:
                      http://www.notetab.com/contact-us.php

                      Eric Fookes
                      http://www.fookes.com/