Re: [NTB] [NT Any Version] Question regarding spacing

  • Brian Mailman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2001
      Brian Binder wrote:

      > This may have already been answered, but I'll ask again if that's the
      > case.

      > > One of the things I really like about NoteTab is the ability to line up
      > things so nice and neat. When you Tab, it goes to the 5 character mark
      > (or whatever defined limit you have it set on) instead of jumping 5
      > spaces ahead.
      >
      > You get to line things up like this:
      >
      > Test Test
      > Test Test
      >
      > But when opened in another program like Word or the like, they appear
      > like this:
      >
      > Test Test
      > Test Test

      Check to see if you you have a tab set in there? That is, I don't know
      if you can do one in Notetab but depending where a tab set is, it can
      knock your column alignment off. I don't think font (proportional or
      monospaced) matters with tabs--that's why beginning word processor-ors
      are taught never to align with spaces.

      > They get screwed up somehow. Hopefully most of you can observe the
      > email and see what I am talking about. Likewise, when you print it, the
      > words are never as they are left on the screen, and have huge gaps in
      > between them.
      >
      > This is an example of what I am talking about.

      Check your justification. It sounds like you have "full" set (text from
      margin to margin) instead of "ragged right" (or left-aligned).

      B/