Re: [NTB] Low Resource Warning

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001
      > > At 03:30 06/12/01 +0000, bjlawrence@... wrote:
      > > >I am puzzled, though, that NoteTab doesn't detect and report or avoid
      > > >low resource conditions.
      > >
      > >And Eric replied:
      > > I don't think I have ever encountered a program that does that. Have
      you?

      > Windows Explorer does.
      Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Resource Meter
      Though it's been critiqued as taking up even more resources, and being
      somewhat slow in reporting. There are other applications which can take
      over this job, free and available around the web, as well as paid-for
      applications such as Symantec material.

      > I know that some people dread having to reboot their computer but it is a
      > cure-all for about 90% of weird problems.
      ... Which is basically an unfounded dread. What's the big deal? An
      extra 60sec out of your life? Pffft. Try Linux, then, where any real
      change to the system requires a reboot, which can take at least 5 minutes to
      enact.
      Thanks for the info, Jim ;)