Re: [NTB] hiliting php code?

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2001
      Hello Andrew,

      >i'm a big fan of noteTab. it's been my editor of choice for years -

      Great!

      >i have NT Pro, 4.82

      There are quite a few improvements since that version. I suggest you
      upgrade as soon as I release version 4.86c.

      >and it doesn't do a good job hiliting php code. let me
      >clarify: obviously it's no easy task to color-code a language like php, but
      >it seems the distinction between html and php could be deciphered
      >relatively easily, and then the html could continue to be hilited when
      >outside the php code. currently, NT has trouble making that html/php
      >distinction. (of course i'd love it if NT had full-featured php-handling
      >:-) )
      >
      >i suppose another complicating factor is when html tags are included within
      >the php code (i.e. print "<b>text</b>";).

      It's true, the tag highlighting in NoteTab Pro is not optimized for php
      code. The highlighting in the current version has been optimized for speed
      and I plan to keep it this way. However, as Jody mentioned, proper php
      highlighting will be offered in an upcoming programmers editor I am
      developing together with NoteTab 5.0.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes