hiliting php code?

  • Andrew Hieb
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2001
      hello,

      i'm a big fan of noteTab. it's been my editor of choice for years - but i
      have a question about hiliting... (new to the list, sorry if this issue
      has already been covered.)

      i have NT Pro, 4.82 and it doesn't do a good job hiliting php code. let me
      clarify: obviously it's no easy task to color-code a language like php, but
      it seems the distinction between html and php could be deciphered
      relatively easily, and then the html could continue to be hilited when
      outside the php code. currently, NT has trouble making that html/php
      distinction. (of course i'd love it if NT had full-featured php-handling :-) )

      i suppose another complicating factor is when html tags are included within
      the php code (i.e. print "<b>text</b>";).

      anyway, just wondering what discussion there is about this and if any
      updates are underway in this area.

      thanks,
      andrew hieb