Final? pre-release NoteTab Light 4.86c

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      Hello everyone,

      Here's an opportunity for you to test NoteTab Light 4.86c before I release
      it as a final version. You can download it now from here (size 1,442 MB):

      http://www.fookes.com/ftp/beta/ntl486c5.exe

      Here's a list of the changes:
      -----------------------------
      * Uses new Setup program.

      * Added "Restore Default HTML Editor" to the Utilities library.

      * Added support for Windows XP themes through a manifest file.

      * Changed settings for some of the default options -- only noticeable on a
      clean install.

      * Fixed several glitches in the regexp engine.

      * Fixed (I hope) an issue that caused some URLs to be incorrectly invoked
      through the Web browser. Examples of bad URL:
      http://"%20http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      http://"%20c:/Website/index.html

      * Saving files to a remote disk or any other slow target sometimes
      generated a "file not correctly saved to disk" error message. This has been
      fixed.

      * Under Windows 2000 and XP, NoteTab failed to save over a file that had
      the Hidden attribute set. This has been fixed.

      * Fixed minor problem with disabled "Save Now" command in Clipbook shortcut
      menu. It was always disabled when the Clip editor was open and only the
      current Clip has been modified.

      * Fixed "Please remove the file's Read-Only attribute" error message when
      saving new Clipbook Libraries.

      * Fixed an issue with the ^$StrSort()$ Clip function. If the criteria did
      not contain line breaks, the function would return an empty string when
      RemoveDuplicates = False.

      * Fixed incorrect rendering of link character case generated through the
      HTML-tag Clip-wizard field.

      * Fixed an issue affecting FarClips and Clips invoked from Clipbar. The
      Clip parser failed to convert ^!Clip to ^!FarClip when the command appeared
      immediately following a conditional statement. Example of statement that
      would fail if invoked as a FarClip:
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%Computer%")$ ^!Clip "FTP server setup"

      * Other minor changes.

      Please write to <bugs@...> if you encounter any problems/bugs with
      this release. I look forward to reading your comments.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes